DELIVERY OF NEW VIPER SRT 10

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new SRT 10 will be held up for delivery for at least another four weeks due to CARB Certification and heat issues. I just talked with my dealer and was given this information. I also understand that SRT 10 production has stopped until these issues are taken care of.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think the new viper has a CARB?

According to JON B., the smog certification is done and vipers should start shipping at the end of October? As for the heat issue, it was never taken care of on the GEN I or GEN II cars, why would production be stopped for it now?
I'm sure what ever the issues may be (if any) they will be taken care of in time and we will start recieving our cars. If mine gets carried over to an 04' so be it, I can wait.

2Charmed

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Lashinsky:
The new SRT 10 will be held up for delivery for at least another four weeks due to CARB Certification and heat issues. I just talked with my dealer and was given this information. I also understand that SRT 10 production has stopped until these issues are taken care of.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary,

will this affect the raffle car that is to be given away on November 8th also?
http://www.viperclub.org/vca/raffle2002.jpg

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gary;

Thanks for the info. I think it's great that CAAP wants the SRT to be perfect by taking the extra time. It is a bummer to wait longer, but it will be worth it!

Jim

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Gary, appreciate the info. As the song goes. "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas." If it goes past he first of the year Uncle ain't gonna get his luxury tax from us, what a shame!

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I am about number 1499 out of the first 1500 made, with the continued delays mine might arrive about 3 months after the 04s come out.
frown.gif
But, I am very excited about the new car and will try to calmly wait until it is right, and know Dodge will do it right.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SLITHRN:
Gary,

will this affect the raffle car that is to be given away on November 8th also?
http://www.viperclub.org/vca/raffle2002.jpg

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DRAWING will happen as scheduled. SRT-10 will be customized by soon as it hits the line!

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that a 4 barrel carb or a downdraft version there comin out with?? hehehe

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2charmed:
How would this affect delivery for the other states?
California wouldn't hold up the rest of the country would it?

2charmed

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chrysler would look pretty bad if someone from AZ drove their SRT into CA. So Dodge is waiting until it is legal in all 50 states.