Dent Repair of Side Sill

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I unfortunately had an incident ina corner which resulted in a virtually perfect oval shaped depression 6" from the rear.

It is 3 1/2 in x 11 in and a 1/2 inch deep from the peak of the crown.I don't know what I hit , but not even the paint anywhere in and/or around is scratch at all.

Has anyone had a dent pounded out without any filler?

Does anyone hava a Driver Side Side Sill/Rocker panel in preferably 97-99 light silver.

Thanks for any shared experience and/or help :(

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've used Dent Wizard to "de-dent" a spot on my old car door. They're a national chain - not sure if there's one near you but there are most likely other repair companies in your area who do the same thing.

Dent Wizard pulled the dent out and I could not tell where it had been afterward. Not a scratch to the paint. I don't know if they buffed it afterward or what but it looked great. I think it was around $85 about 4 years ago.

OP
OP

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Do you have a local Phone number in your area ,so that I can track down their headquarters and find if anyone licensed near me ?

Thanks again, that' what I want is no plastic filler.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just pull the side sill off yourself and push the dent out with a screwdriver handle. It's basically what the dent remover guys do. The side sill should be soft enough to push righ back. As long as there isn't a crease it should be really easy.

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with GTSnake. The side sills are very soft alum. and easy to form or straighten. I re-did a set for my GTS when I converted to side exhaust. There is a link on removal of the side sill associated with Corsa exhaust installation that is very informative.If you do not consider yourself to have mechanical skills, then leave it to others so you will be happy with the end results.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had mine repaired at a body shop, and I dented 3 feet of the sill going through a toll booth. It's aluminum and can be rshaped and painted no problem.

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seen the dent repairs guys at work, it's like an art. Sometimes a little pricey, but better than the alternative...but their work is generally great :2tu: Check your local listings or call a couple of body shops, they'll know.

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Repair is the best route. Even used side sills are $1500 - $2000 each. A good body repair shop should be able to pop the dent out without repainting unless there's a crease. Good Luck.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's the main website for Dent Wizard that I mentioned yesterday. They are a national chain and have a locator section so you can see if there's one near you.

caj98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must be that time of the month! I really screwed up my passenger side sill on Saturday while loading the Viper on my car hauler. I am going to take off both sills and take them to a body guy who I have been told can do magic with a hammer and dolly. I believe that he will have to smooth some groves - so, here is my question - given the amount of heat in the side sills, is there a particular type of filler or specific process that will adhere better? Is this even anything to be worried about?

Thanks in advance for the help.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I scraped my driver's sill bad on a curb. Place in my area did superb job on repairs and so far, heat hasn't turned up any issues.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Shouldn't you check that aluminum frame to make sure it's not damaged too?

:rolleyes: Easy now, those OE types can use their resources for structural engineering and fabricating, but pounding out a dent takes some serious skill. :bonker:

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shouldn't you check that aluminum frame to make sure it's not damaged too?

HAH, HAA!!!!! Way to go Sam!!!! :headbang: :2tu:

Joe, you may want to look at his old posts....
Then again, maybe not worth the time wasted... :p

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte