Differences in GEN 1 OEM Windows?

Scorch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there differences in GEN 1 OEM windows by model year (1992-1995)? I'm primarily interested in the two hooks that go into the door.

Thanks as usual for the feedback.

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scorch
I think they are all the same but the person who
would know is Biff at V-Mania.

Skeeter :2tu:

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spent part of yesterday calling numerous Auto Glass places to replace my windshield ('96 RT/10). One told me the part number for ALL RT/10's (convertibles), 1993 - 2002 are the same. I'm sure a call to Dodge could verify this.
Later,

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the OEM windows changed several times and in several ways. The first change was to a different material. I think the newer material is a darker black. I know because I have two sets of windows and they're very different. Then I think there was a later change from the soft plastic zippered windows to flat-panel sliding ones. Sorry I don't know when exactly the changes occured. However, I do know that the hooks didn't change with the material switch as I've used both types in my '94.

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
OEM Windshield part Numbers, OEM part number DWO1294GTY 1992 to 4-20-93 list price $968.20. These windshields didn't have an antenna in them. From 4-20-93 OEM part #DWO1177GTY to 1998. List price $703.25. My parts manual only goes to 98 but I think they are the same until 2003 at least.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How sure are you? I'm thinking that both the tops and side windows changed a number of times during gen I production, although the part number probably remained the same. When I ordered my Northwind windows back in 1998, they specifically asked for model year, and, as I vaguely recall, said that the hook length into the door varied.

Concerning other changes, I recall that the '92 side windows were made out of a vinyl material, same as the top (I've got a set of very used '92 side windows stored away, in fact), and changed to a more canvas-type material later on. I'm thinkking that the Velco tab changed between one of the years also. In 1996, the side windows changed significantly; the side windows were a sliding lexan design with canvas surround.