DLM Supercharged Viper: in-car video!

Tommy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by treynor:
It's quite a rush when you're doing the filming, though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

supergrin.gif
supergrin.gif
supergrin.gif

I still feel bad for that Audi to this day.
frown.gif

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Tommy on 01-15-2003 at 01:06 AM</font>

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey there Tommy. I recognized your voice from the video.

Now you have a new point of reference to judge Viper performance by.
supergrin.gif

-Dean.

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS-ACR:
I have recently sent Doug my car and asked for the III+ transformation
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

eek.gif
You mean there is going to be another one of these things running around the streets?!?!?!?!?!?! OMG!

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Treynor, great video! I'd like to see your monster from the street side blowing by. I watched that video about 5 times. Keep 'em coming. BTW.......Have raced any bikes yet?

Cheers,
Chuck

S

SUN RA KAT

That was an awesome video. I think doing the video in daylight where we'd be able to see reference points would help. And also doing it with less slow moving traffic would help, too.

Tommy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snakester:
Hey there Tommy. I recognized your voice from the video.

Now you have a new point of reference to judge Viper performance by.
supergrin.gif

-Dean.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good hearing from you, Dean. I'd like a rematch again, to avenge my loss in the Vette a while back.
smile.gif
wink.gif

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to Tommy, but our cars are now pretty closely matched since you got the ACR.

Unless you got inspired by Ben's rocket ride and did more mods to your car since I last saw it.

I'm getting 3.55 gears installed in a couple weeks, which probably won't make it faster than it is today, but it will feel faster at least.

-Dean.

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right on! Two questions, first can I put a copy of your video on speedstuff.com? Secondly, what type of fuel / ignition controller(s) does your monster of a Viper use?

spdrcrj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, let me start by mentioning that this reply is NOT a flame, just an honest question. Second, let me say that I've already downloaded the video and watched it about 10 times and loved it every time, sweeeet car! Third, Im a big time car guy, I love speed, HP, and torque. But....how much is too much horsepower and too much torque? What good is it to have so much if you cant get it to the ground? Bragging rights...bench racing? For example, my friend runs R6's and R1's on road race courses and he runs better times in the R6 because the R1 is too powerful.

Again, this is an honest question. I love high horsepower as much as the next guy and it's why I have a Vette and will be getting a Viper when I get back. Look forward to some informative replies.
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

cheers,
Jim

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ahh, I used to think the same thing, then I when I got my DLM viper, everything else is slow, including my motorcycles.

Like any stock viper, you'll spin in 1st at full throttle, once you learn how to feather the throttle, hooking up in gears isn't a problem. It's not like Nitrous where the TQ spike is all at once, it's gradual and very controllable..

Gerald

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer a few questions:

The video is encoded with Windows Media 8, and you will need the Windows Media Player v8 or v9 to play it;

I have raced bikes on the freeway, and won
supergrin.gif
;

You CAN have too much power for the street, but it's awfully fun, and the bragging rights are a nice bonus. My car also sees the dragstrip, and I can make use of all the power there with the correct rear tires...

spdrcrj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ben,

I just finished visiting your Viper web page. I dont think I've seen a better personal vehicle website. Nicely laid out, great info and pics and it looks like you have a great family. kudos!!!
patriot.gif

Jim

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spdrcrj:
First, let me start by mentioning that this reply is NOT a flame, just an honest question. Second, let me say that I've already downloaded the video and watched it about 10 times and loved it every time, sweeeet car! Third, Im a big time car guy, I love speed, HP, and torque. But....how much is too much horsepower and too much torque? What good is it to have so much if you cant get it to the ground? Bragging rights...bench racing? For example, my friend runs R6's and R1's on road race courses and he runs better times in the R6 because the R1 is too powerful.

Again, this is an honest question. I love high horsepower as much as the next guy and it's why I have a Vette and will be getting a Viper when I get back. Look forward to some informative replies.
Jim

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That's the greatest thing about a high horsepower DLM Viper. Unlike a car with big turbos, the supercharger makes boost progressively with rpm. The lower rpm keeps the tires from shredding until they can hang on. When I shift to third, I can go wide open on the gas. My car does spin a bit in third but i regain traction by backing off a bit on the gas. It takes time getting used to, but you can use very high horsepower with a supercharger on street tires. BOOST!

Cheers,
Chuck