do "chromed" stocker's look better????

moldowan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
do \"chromed\" stocker\'s look better????

Are they better looking than the "polished" stock srt-10 wheels?
Anyone got pics of their's.
Also any advice for an exchange place????
thanks in advance for the help!
-Marc

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: do

LOL our monthly "to chrome or not to chrome" thread.

My disdain for chrome on a modern day sports car is well documented. But it's your car.

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Unfortunately, the clearcoat on polished rims tends to cloud over time due to washing. Chrome is a much more durable finish.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If there is anybody looking for a set of chromed SRT rims, I have a set that has never been mounted. Due to a move, I need to sell. I have the rears going to Calchrome now, the fronts are already done. If anybody is interested, PM me.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score

Ditto, chrome ANYWHERE is horrendous.

Zorro,
You are frequently making negative comments on this forum! How about posting some images of your car so we can see what you drive?

No problem, who can post for me? PM me Please. I have the ugly stock chrome wheels, black '04 vert...

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score

Ditto, chrome ANYWHERE is horrendous.

Zorro,
You are frequently making negative comments on this forum! How about posting some images of your car so we can see what you drive?

I just post my opinion, when I like it I say it, when I dont, I say it as well..

But as for the pics, no problem. Who can post for me? PM me Please. I have the ugly stock chrome wheels, black '04 vert... so it is not like you haven't seen it before. You know I poke fun at people posting pics of completely stock looking vipers, that's why I haven't done it.

But I do have interesting pics of the exhaust that I put together myself...

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]I just post my opinion, when I like it I say it, when I dont, I say it as well..

But as for the pics, no problem. Who can post for me? PM me Please. I have the ugly stock chrome wheels, black '04 vert... so it is not like you haven't seen it before. You know I poke fun at people posting pics of completely stock looking vipers, that's why I haven't done it.

But I do have interesting pics of the exhaust that I put together myself...

[/QUOTE]

Zorro,
You are right, everyone has an opinion. I look at this forum as a way of sharing ideas with one another and supporting each other. We ALL share one thing in common and that is the love of Vipers. I would like to see your exhaust sytem. You have my curiosity going.
Thanks,
ZDigital1

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Chrome does make the stock 10 spoke fugly wheels look better on the darker cars and the stock clear coat isn't very durable.

Should cost $800 - $1200 for a good triple plate chrome job on all four wheels if they are straight.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chrome

416IMG_2664-med.JPG

NOT.... make sure you park it just right, to make um look chrome. ;)

G

grcforce327

Chrome

416IMG_2664-med.JPG

NOT.... make sure you park it just right, to make um look chrome. ;)

You could at least try to make it more believable!!!Chrome ones on "Lean Machine 1" on page two in my photo gallery???!!!???!!! :D :confused: :D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Unfortunately, the clearcoat on polished rims tends to cloud over time due to washing. Chrome is a much more durable finish.

Could not be said any better. After a while that clearcoat basically wears out. I chromed my stock wheels and the difference is night and day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh