Do I see Yellow? Vipers to Scared to Race the Vettes

Reaction score
Seems like the Vipers are running away with there heads between their legs. Where is all the so call drag racing Vipers? I guess since they got beat last year they are a little reluctant to get on the track. We have only a handful that is willing to prove themselves and put the pedal to the metal.

If you have courage here is the info:Sponsored by:
Breathless Performance Products

UNLEASH… YOUR BEAST!
SUNDAY OCT 14, 2001
9AM TO 5PM
DESOTO RACEWAY-BRADENTON, FLORIDA

2nd Annual
CORVETTE, VIPER & F-BODY SHOOTOUT

· Limited Amount of Participants
· Trophies Awarded Stock to Super Modified
· First Time Racers Welcome
· Free Drag Racing Seminars
· Complimentary BBQ at the B.P.P. Trailer
· C5 Registry & Forum Florida Gathering
· Spectators Welcome
· Fun for Everyone
· Dyno will be on site
Race All Day
Why wait all day for 3 or 4 runs at your local track?
Race or Chase, See who’s King of the Hill…
Only Corvettes, Vipers and GM F-Bodies (Z-28, T/A and Firebird)

Pre-registration strongly encouraged, only a limited number of participants will be allowed at this event.

Pre-registration* $135.00
At the track * $150.00
Spectators * $10.00
For more info and registration please call:
954-925-7725

Sponsored by:
Breathless Performance Products

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why wait till then? and pay so much to enter when you can come out this Friday nite to Bradenton(desoto) and get all you want of our Viper and a few others.

Make sure your C-5 vette and/or F body GM has air conditioning and all factory interior/exterior/drivetrain parts.

There is a street legal drag race this Friday nite(from what Im told)and we hope to have a few Vipers attending.

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice try Breathless, but for $20 I can run all night Friday. What do I get for $135? A BBQ? Sheesh, you could at least have the Winghouse chicks there.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Change the track to Moroso an I will be there
smile.gif
who the heck lives in Bradenton? there are 4-5 million people within 2 hours of Moroso.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Sorry to say but Moroso does not want the Vette, Viper shootout again due to what happened last year there.

For those of you where the price is too steep to handle you can always do a regular test and tune along with 100+ or so other cars to deal with. We try to hold events like this to generate interest for magazines for coverage like Mopar Muscle and Corvette Fever.

By the way the last event did cost 150.00 from the Viper club in Ft Laud.

BPP Racing

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Sorry to say but Moroso does not want the Vette, Viper shootout again due to what happened last year there.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting, can you tell us what was so bad that they don't want to hold it again? Maybe the manager owned a Vette and didn't like all the Vipers killing the Vetts
laugh.gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BreathlessPerformance:
Sorry you did not show up last year when Doug Levin from Doug Levin Motorsports of the Viper side had a bad accident. Thank God he was ok.

Ernie
BPP Racing

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was there. Horrendous. He was driving a yellow 63(?) Vette. Up against The Hisser. I couldn't believe how high in the air Levin flipped.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Sorry you did not show up last year when Doug Levin from Doug Levin Motorsports of the Viper side had a bad accident. Thank God he was ok.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh ok, didn't know that. Glad he was OK. I didn't go last year because I didn't have a Viper or Vette at the time.

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BreathlessPerformance:

Ernie
BPP Racing

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ernie -
Your theory is incorrect; Moroso gave Ivan (So. Fla. VCA President) and myself another track date in May to host another Viper/Vette shootout. The reason we declined to go ahead with the event, was do to another upcoming event scheduled by Mr. Gary Lashinsky last July.

Although, Moroso did state they did NOT want us to host a road course with drag racing event (drag race only). We were too disorganized last event and for good reason, the turnout was much bigger than we ever anticipated. The entry price charged last year <u>included</u> the road course & drag racing. The cost by Moroso is higher to race with the road course.

Perhaps for some reason or another they didn't accept your proposal to rent the track? There's been MANY crashes at Moroso and unfortunately fatalities almost every week since my wreck.

Moroso suffered no financial punishment from a $75.00 light pole and a $10.00 fence support. I know, I've raced other events there since then and even personally rented the track with friends.

Best of Luck with the event!

Regards,
Doug

OP
OP
B
Reaction score

Ernie
BPP Racing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonychicken