Does anybody know about this Arizona Viper?

brentsGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its a fairly new posting buts very clean. Call up Eddie Martin over at Bill Luke chrysler and dodge. Hes our local viper tech and knows almost all of the vipers in the valley. Www.Maehammotorsports.com

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am assuming it was used on the track because of the harness and brembos.
The harnesses are stock, OEM. Part of the factory ACR package. The stock ACR wheels would have been BBS. It isn't unusual for people to do a big brake upgrade, and not be interested in track time; so, that is not necessarily an indicator either. Best bet would be to get a PPI and Eddie Martin is the guy you would want to do it. You can trust what he says.

mitchdob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also list on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cors...4116989?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2ec76a217d

I also highly recommend calling Eddie Martin. I contacted Eddie a few months back (thanks to come leads here). He is the man in AZ. Eddie worked/maintained my Viper from 2003-2008. Besides the maintenance he did the heads (ported/polished), cam (708), rockers, headers (Belanger). Eddie is as 'real deal' as there is.... besides being as nice a guy as you'll ever meet. And my car is just awesome. He should know about this car if it grew up in AZ.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been watching this one as well, seems like a nice ACR but like others have said, get it looked at first. Also, the ad says 1 of 30 when it is actually 1 of 34. Small potatoes but if the seller doesn't know his own car, that is even more reason to be a tad suspicious, just my .03 cents.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Removing the OEM wheels from an ACR takes away the most desirable component of the ACR package.

OP
OP
M

Mynewluv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been watching this one as well, seems like a nice ACR but like others have said, get it looked at first. Also, the ad says 1 of 30 when it is actually 1 of 34. Small potatoes but if the seller doesn't know his own car, that is even more reason to be a tad suspicious, just my .03 cents.

Removing the OEM wheels from an ACR takes away the most desirable component of the ACR package.

These are both good points. Thanks for the info on Eddie guys!

XLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I owned the car in 05. I bought it in Chicago and drove it back to Arizona. I sold it to a guy in Hawaii and it was there for a while until it was brought back here. The car had a rear wing on it when I had it. The wing was removed and the last time I saw it you could see where the holes were filled.

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score

This. As an owner of an ACR, that is the first thing I notice when people are selling their Viper as "ACR." I actually love the look of the BBS wheels; just a PITA to clean:)

Also, seeing as a previous owner mentions that a wing was previously drilled in, I would think that could be a great negotiation point. The car looks pretty clean though.

OP
OP
M

Mynewluv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I communicated with Eddie a bit and he did do some work back in 08' on the car. The dealer would not let him inspect it himself but he was gonna go look at it as a buyer for someone else. He believes the rear shocks are leaking and is not sure if they are ACR or not but he mentioned he can repair them for $1400-$1700. The wing was taken out and the holes were filled in. The car has had 7 different owners and now you know as much as I do!

Maybe I'll send Eddie an email and see if he took a look.

brentsGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Eek there is a thread somewhere on here for new coilovers for under $1400!