Does Anyone Have any Pics of Toyo RA-1 on their Car?

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanted to know if anyone has these and what they think about them so far. Also if anyone has have any pics of them mounted on a wheel 275 or 335. I'm curious if the tire bead rim protector feature on these tires would be effective on a stock 18 inch wheel.
7328toxo.jpg

Silver Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have them on my car for a few months now and love them. They are sooo very sticky. The treadwear rating is 100 so don't expect to get much life out of them. I would look into some of that 3M stuff because they pickup EVERYTHING on the road and then sling it into your side sills and the lip on the wheel well.

I can also get you some pictures, but they are on the car will that help?

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do they compare to the BFG's. BFG's stick much better than stock, but handle like crap. I've been waiting for Kumho's in 18", but who knows when they will be available.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have them on the 1996 GTS I am racing and they wear better than any other DOT race tire ( have run Hoosiers, Kumhos,Hankooks,etc) when run on the street. We have run them for 4 years on our Spec Miata, and the thing I like is that they will get plenty sticky, but for those that use them on the street , also, they seem to get 1-2K more miles than the other brands.

Call Vilven Tire ( they do all the Toyos for the Comp Coupes in the World Challenge Series ) and make sure you tell them not to shave them. They shave all their tires, unless specifically requested.

Bob Vilven
Vilven Tire
1-800-251-0017 :2tu:

OP
OP
V

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Thanks to Silver Snake, Red Sled and Bill Pemberton. The Pics and Info definitely helped. These tires have great handling and traction properties. Toyo makes great products in their entire product line. I've have Toyo Proxes T1-S on my other car and it was the best tire I've ever owned. I'm sure the RA-1's are going to provide superior performance.
Silver Snake, how many miles do you have on your set so far?

Silver Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silver Snake, how many miles do you have on your set so far?

I bought them as scrubs and they already had 5 heat cycles on them. On top of that I have put approximately 1500 street miles on them. I do drive pretty agressive and have been known to "warm" the rears up using unconventional methods. :D

The fronts still look pretty good. I think you could probably get 3000-5000 miles out of them. Much more if you don't shave them, of course.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32