Does anyone know the history on this car?

gatesy21

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am finally ready to get into a viper and stumbled across this one. I noticed a slight crack in the door handle area on one of the pics also it looks like there is something around the speaker between the seats. These do not concern me that much however the low price makes me question what is the deal? In past experience something too good to be true usually is. Does anyone know anything about this one for sale? It is listed in Utah and on autotrader.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=48117&endYear=2010&modelCode1=VIPER&showcaseOwnerId=55739231&startYear=1981&makeCode1=DODGE&numRecords=100&searchRadius=0&mmt=[DODGE[VIPER[]][]]&listingId=365125219&listingIndex=94&Log=0

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One post and a car for sale on Autotrader. Interesting way to market your car. Otherwise, doesn't look like a bad deal.

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the car looks good i say go for it !! i think its a good deal !!!

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
branded title. car looks good. great price. if you are buying to hang on to it, go for it.

SLViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
http://www.salvage-cars-for-sale.info/salvage/for-sale-dodge-viper-2003-MjkyNTE0NzM

I do not know the history but it was auctioned as salvage in Dallas and was then for sale in Salt Lake.
Still seems to be for sale while not being driven. For a 5 thousand more you could buy one with 20K that has been taken care of. Thats the cost of one repair you know is going to happen and the salvage title lasts forever IMHO.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If the car is repaired properly I say go for it. If you don't know what to look for get someone that does.

OP
OP
G

gatesy21

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like too good to be true think I'll keep searching. Thanks for the info on the auction and everything.

St.Char

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, 40 photo's and 1 video and no pics of the engine bay, from what I saw in the pics, I would say this car has not been well taken care of. I would hold out for a better one and pay a little more and get a car without a salvage title, especially if this is your first one. They're out there, keep searching. Happy hunting!

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
A lot of it depends on what you're looking for as well. If you want a fun car to drive around a lot and don't mind some imperfections here and there it seems like a pretty good deal. I bought mine with 43k on the clock and with some associated wear, but I planned to pretty much daily drive it and I do, so I don't mind a few scuffs since it's bound to get more. Having something that isn't perfect is an easier way to deal with enjoying it and not worrying about something happening to it. A test drive and good once over at a shop is always good insurance before a purchase though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang