Does Anyone Know This GTS?

John_Cassels

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

In another post I mentioned that I am very close to pulling the trigger on a 2000 GTS that is listed in the classifieds section on this site and am in the midst of scheduling a PPI; however, in my experience, the PPI seems like it can be just as useful as the word of mouth on this board. As I mentioned in a previous post, the owner seems meticulous (really nice guy) and the car looks good in the photos (we all know that photos can hide a lot though). I live in the great white north (Canada) and the car is located in Alabama, meaning that checking it out in person isn't really an option.

So, I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the 2000 GTS listed in the classifieds (Steel Gray with the Cognac)?

Thanks for your time,
Johnny

tzoid9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm selling my black on black 1999 GTS....you can see about 12 pictures of it on the Autotrader website. I live in the 15601 zip code (Greensburg, PA outside of Pittsburgh) and if you punch that in to the "search" criteria, it'll take you right to it. I will deal on the price, but the car is PERFECT!

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm selling my black on black 1999 GTS....you can see about 12 pictures of it on the Autotrader website. I live in the 15601 zip code (Greensburg, PA outside of Pittsburgh) and if you punch that in to the "search" criteria, it'll take you right to it. I will deal on the price, but the car is PERFECT!

Is that the one that is listed for over $49,000?

The one that I think the OP is looking at is $10,000 less, AND has a supercharger.

tzoid9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess if your looking for an original owner car, then the cheaper one with or without the S/C, would not be a candidate. I saw a yellow GTS for sale above and I guess most people wouldn't care that the GTS was never made in yellow. The other thought is that my car is perfect....everything works, the car runs strong, shines like black ice, seen rain only once or twice (essentially never), I have all the books and papers and....the car has never been molested. The only person to ever drive it other than myself, is the trained Viper tech at the dealership, who is only mechanic to ever touch it (oil changes, state inspections, etc.). Yep, $49K is high and I'll probably never get it....but I own it, have been the only one to ever own it, wash it, wax it, etc. I can keep it, or deal with selling it, but I'll never give it away. Low $40K's, maybe, under $40K, she still looks good in my garage, where she will stay. I'm reasonably sure there's at best, 2 or 3 other '99 GTS's that look and run this perfect, in the country.

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think your best bet if your very interested in this car is to get in touch with the Viper club president in Alabama. I'm sure they would be able to find a member that is near the car and knowledgeable that would inspect it for you. We had something here in Ca, and I was contacted by the prez here to check out a local car to me.

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess if your looking for an original owner car, then the cheaper one with or without the S/C, would not be a candidate. I saw a yellow GTS for sale above and I guess most people wouldn't care that the GTS was never made in yellow. The other thought is that my car is perfect....everything works, the car runs strong, shines like black ice, seen rain only once or twice (essentially never), I have all the books and papers and....the car has never been molested. The only person to ever drive it other than myself, is the trained Viper tech at the dealership, who is only mechanic to ever touch it (oil changes, state inspections, etc.). Yep, $49K is high and I'll probably never get it....but I own it, have been the only one to ever own it, wash it, wax it, etc. I can keep it, or deal with selling it, but I'll never give it away. Low $40K's, maybe, under $40K, she still looks good in my garage, where she will stay. I'm reasonably sure there's at best, 2 or 3 other '99 GTS's that look and run this perfect, in the country.

GTS never made in yellow???? :lmao:

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I hate to break it to you, but there is a plethora of originally owned, low mileage, "pampered" cars out there. No trying to be a dick, just realistic.

Last edited:

tzoid9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea, probably right....plethera, haven't used that word in years! Well, no problem, I'll hold on to it. Had in mind to buy a new GTR, but the maintenance costs are ridiculous. Every 10,000 miles, you need a complete check up at an authorized Nissan GTR dealer....$3000 is the tariff. Nice car, distinctive (if you know what you're looking at), but I still get a ton of compliments on mine. I just thought I'd spend the money rather than lose it in the stock market. Thanks............

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would just keep it. These cars are a one of kind experience! I like the black too. Post some pics! I'm going to buy an ACR to go next to the GTS in the near future.

tzoid9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Taken last year at a friend's house....looks the same right now, just like it looks on Autotrader.