Door glass up stop adjustment

Deuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2008 coupe passenger side glass is going up too far, it is not hitting anything thing but is going too far into weatherstriip. It is ripping the mirror flag(triangle rubber at bottom of front of window) rubber at the top. My service manual disk gives a picture of how to adjust fore/aft and up/dn by loosing two bolts for fore/aft and one bolt for up/down. The up/down I would think would be just for the up stop. My question is has anybody down this and can give me any feedback on how it worked out for them. I am wondering if I can just loosen up/down bolt to adjust up stop, want to minmize amount of adjustments that can get out of wack. Or do you have to loosen all three to accomplish my goal of lowering the up stop. Thanks for any input from anyone that has already down this. Plus any do's and don'ts for removing trim piece, my disk gives a procedure for this but it is always nice to get others experience with the removal. From other posts I have read the panel is kind of cheap. Thanks for any help you can give me......Jeff

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll only need to adjust the up stop. The other two bolts fasten the window to a metal bracket on the regulator rail.