Drag Strip for Sale

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With 130 acres there would be room for a little expansion as well. Wonder what the current annual cash flow is? Anyone ever been there?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Owner Financing Available" Deal. Will he take $57 down?

Seriously, 1.2 mil might be a fair price. Obviously, gotta see the financials and what is going on locally. There might be some pressure from the soccer moms to close it or Walmart might be organizing a land grab in conjunction with that Communist Georgia government.

Also, gotta see if there's room to extend it to 1320.

Looks like it could use a decent water box cut in.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Owner Financing Available" Deal. Will he take $57 down?

Seriously, 1.2 mil might be a fair price. Obviously, gotta see the financials and what is going on locally. There might be some pressure from the soccer moms to close it or Walmart might be organizing a land grab in conjunction with that Communist Georgia government.

Also, gotta see if there's room to extend it to 1320.

Looks like it could use a decent water box cut in.

Chuck, you sound as if you have your wheels turning. Remember that plot of land you alawys mention while on the way to sebring and/or morosso? So it's not in the same state, you can have a second home. Do it!

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
130 acres you could do a Road course also. If they would let you expand. Remember it's already up and working. It has to be very hard today to open a drag strip anywhere in U.S. Local residents don't like the noise. Lets get a few dozen guys to chip in and expand it into a Racing Country Club. We could also build 100-200 homes where you drive out of your house right to the track. :2tu: I'm a builder developer in CT and would be willing to supervise the building aspect. You would charge a initiation fee to each member, plus yearly fees. If you build a home, you just get a cheaper initiation fee. To bad there isn't another 160 acres we could do a golf course also. :2tu:

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
130 acres you could do a Road course also. If they would let you expand. Remember it's already up and working. It has to be very hard today to open a drag strip anywhere in U.S. Local residents don't like the noise. Lets get a few dozen guys to chip in and expand it into a Racing Country Club. We could also build 100-200 homes where you drive out of your house right to the track. :2tu: I'm a builder developer in CT and would be willing to supervise the building aspect. You would charge a initiation fee to each member, plus yearly fees. If you build a home, you just get a cheaper initiation fee. To bad there isn't another 160 acres we could do a golf course also. :2tu:

I'm in :2tu:

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No really Chuck 98. When we were in Texas for VOI#8 we went to a track with homesites on it and owners could drive right onto the track.( T time needed!)A Racing country club is just like a Golf or Flying community with homes and planes. If you get enough members who pay a initiation fee, & the yearly dues it would work. You could do private events also and charge track time. You could make a lot of $$$$$$!Place in Texas had homes from $200000 up! It would be great to come home from work and take some laps in your Viper! Just like teeing it up after work. Just more exciting! Check out www.clubmotorsports.com

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those that attended VOI.8 and went on the road rally briefly visited a track similar to what is being discussed here, Motorsport Ranch. Just now starting the housing portion of the project.

"Just a stone's throw from the metroplex, Villas at MotorSport Ranch
is located adjacent to the road course of MotorSport Ranch, in
Cresson off of Highway 377 between Fort Worth and Granbury.

Owners can select from a variety of home builders and floor plans
or simply purchase a lot for the future. Lot prices start at $60k
and homes are priced from the low $200's."

It is called a "Racing Country Club". Great Track, we ran on it at one of the Regional Rendezvous, to bad we did not get to play there at VOI. Many of the Dallas area Forum posters are members. It took many millions to get it up and running. Not to mention numerous legal battles.

http://69.53.67.194/~motorsportranch_com/

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never seen a 1/8 miles dragstrip first off! How is That? Guy say's not enough room to expand it to 1/4 mile. I was thinking more in the line of 2-3 story cluster homes 50 units each. More like Condo's. Ground floor with 2 car garages on outer part of land overlooking road course. I would think you could build a pretty nice road course on 35-40 acres. I know you could get the Condos on another 20. That leaves another 60 acres or so for existing Drag strip. There is also 1/2 mile oval track now there also. Just a thought, might be worth looking into if your near (Waycross 30 miles) (Douglas 4 miles), (Valdosta-75 miles) Not to often you can buy a piece of property with a track on it 130 acres for around 1 mill. Where I live it would be at least 5 times that for raw land and no possibilty of a race track!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think you could build a pretty nice road course on 35-40 acres.

A decent road course would never fit on 40 acres. AX maybe but not a full-fledged road course. A decent road course would need to be at least two miles long. Add in required run-off (unless you like walls and high insurance premiums) and the acreage gets eaten up pretty fast. You also need facilities and a paddock which would take up another 10-20 acres. It would take at least 200 acres to build a half-way decent road course.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you could build a road course on less then 200 acres. I could build a nice one on 40 acres. I just put 40 1 acre home sites and over a mile of road on 50. I didn't say it would be better then Lime rock & Watkins Glen combined. Lime rock is a 1.54 mile circuit.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lime Rock is on 385 acres.

More power to you if you can make it happen. I'll give 100% support. But I still think you'll need at least 200 acres for a decent course.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I live in CT anyway. But you should be able to do some kind of track on 130 acres. I've been to Lime Rock many times and I would be interested to see what a 1.54 mile course actually uses. I know when it was built they were planning another Mountain course there also, but it was never built. A Acre is 40,000 sq' so 100 acres is 4,000000 Sq' I think its do-able. But I never built a track. I did build a State of the Art Soccer field for my home town with Lights, the whole 9 yards! So I do know something! :D ;)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not criticizing you CT. But I have looked at various opportunities and it seems on average most tracks are built on 300+ acres. Gawd, 40 acres can be covered fast when your brakes give out at 140mph.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand what your saying. I've always wanted to build a 18 Golf course in my town but you need around 150-180 acres. There isn't any parcels that big. No golf course, no track, bummer! :( :(

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Ground floor with 2 car garages" CT, you need to build bigger garages!!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never seen a 1/8 miles dragstrip first off! How is That? Not to often you can buy a piece of property with a track on it 130 acres for around 1 mill. Where I live it would be at least 5 times that for raw land and no possibilty of a race track!

There are more 1/8 mile strips in Georgia than 1/4 mile. Ditto on buying land with a racetrack, but I sure wouldn't compare land values in Ga. with land values where you live.

It is a nice looking track though.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
What a neat idea though, If Travolta can live in a community where he takes his plane out of his garage, makes a right and and left and he is flying, why not Viper Estates !!!

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a neat idea though, If Travolta can live in a community where he takes his plane out of his garage, makes a right and and left and he is flying, why not Viper Estates !!!

Can you imagine how LOUD that community is? :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc