Driving in the Rain

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know a lot of you frown on driving your car in the rain. I don't usually do it however, I had to pick the car up from the shop today so I had to drive it in the rain. Quick video of the interior and the lovely California weather we are having :rolleyes:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJlbMW4LF6s[/media]

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will not melt down and it's not made from sugar - hope you have good (!) tires though :drive:reminds me of VOI-7: Dr.B.: "it's not a ***** car!"

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a big fan either, but running 150 mph on the back straight at POCONO last year made me a believer in how well these cars handle in the rain:drive:

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive mine in the rain, in fact I drove it to Dublin from Sunnyvale and back yesterday and got caught in that nasty storm while going over 580.

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive mine in the rain, in fact I drove it to Dublin from Sunnyvale and back yesterday and got caught in that nasty storm while going over 580.

Hell thats fast! Mine stops at about 165...

I drive mine when I want to and unfortunatley it has been raining some times, once on the track, a z06 came past me like I was pushing the wrong pedal...but when the rain was gone I was faster, which actually surprised me. (92 rt)

The back is rather tricky in the wet!

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Drove mine about 90 miles out the PA Turnpike to Carlisle last July, and it wasn't just rain - it was a monsoon!! The PS2s handled pretty well, I just had to keep the speeds down, as the roadway was getting flooded.

Nope, she didn't melt, and I when I got out to the show, it cleared off, and she cleaned up fine.:headbang:

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drove in the pouring rain on the way back from VOI 11 around 400 miles from Salt Lake to Vegas. Convertible top kept me nice and dry. I will do it only if I have too though and pay really close attention to what I'm doing.

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Carmen ... Pocono was great in the rain.

Of course, you haven't truly experienced rain until you've been in a Gen 1 where it can rain inside the car :)

Not a big fan either, but running 150 mph on the back straight at POCONO last year made me a believer in how well these cars handle in the rain:drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang