DURA DRESSING - Tire Coating

ChampzViper06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tested out this Dura Dressing on my new tires before I install them. Next morning I wiped my finger over the tire and it was dry to the touch. No residue. Now just need to see how long it lasts.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same stuff I ended up using on my Continentals. I've used a similar product in the past, and it held up great for years with my driving habits.

As with anything, it's all about the prep work. Based on the short clip you posted on YouTube, you clearly understand this.

The tires as shipped are incredibly dirty:

You must be registered for see images attach

I spent about 30-45 minutes per tire scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing with the supplied cleaner until they looked slightly more presentable:

After that, it's just a matter of applying the tire dressing and letting it dry:

OP
OP
C

ChampzViper06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same stuff I ended up using on my Continentals. I've used a similar product in the past, and it held up great for years with my driving habits.

As with anything, it's all about the prep work. Based on the short clip you posted on YouTube, you clearly understand this.

The tires as shipped are incredibly dirty:

I spent about 30-45 minutes per tire scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing with the supplied cleaner until they looked slightly more presentable:

After that, it's just a matter of applying the tire dressing and letting it dry:

Oh nice! How long does it typically last? Do you just apply another coat like after a wash?

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh nice! How long does it typically last? Do you just apply another coat like after a wash?
The other stuff I used I applied once and never applied it again, but I don't wash my car all that often, and usually only put ~1,000 miles on per year, so I'm probably not the best data point.

But that's also why I chose it...for me, it is pretty much do it once and never again, or at least not for a very long time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala