DUST? Does any wax/polish/whatever NOT attract dust?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Title says it all. I love the look after Pinnacle Wax, but it sure would be nice if there was a way to not have to deal with the dust and pollen that seems to be in the air.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SWIFFER!!! Tho you'll never get rid of that pollen/yellow stuff...ugh! Just keep wiping it away, and don't park under any trees in the Spring. (SAP...no, not you:)...lol...tree sap drips ******* our cars)
~juli

OP
OP
R

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Juli, funny you say dont park under a tree. I parked by some crabapple trees while golfing today and because of the wind, a bunch of the flower petalsdropped into the Viper.

It was a very good, justifiable reason to to hit the highway on the way home. It's amazing how 100 mph can clean out the inside of every last petal - and yet the darn dust is still stuck like glue :D.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli, funny you say dont park under a tree. I parked by some crabapple trees while golfing today and because of the wind, a bunch of the flower petalsdropped into the Viper.
It was a very good, justifiable reason to to hit the highway on the way home. It's amazing how 100 mph can clean out the inside of every last petal - and yet the darn dust is still stuck like glue :D.

LOL...the crabapple blossoms ARE quite beautiful. You know the 'sappy' trees I'm talking 'bout!!! :) WHATTA way to 'clean' out the car~! :drive: ~juli

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't use the California Scratcher (Duster) or any other brush like tool to wipe dust off the car, if you have recently corrected the paint to remove spider webs or swirl marks (holograms from a previous buff job) on the paint. You will reintroduce them to your paint with one of those.

I use Souveran Paste Wax on all my jobs and customer jobs, you learn to deal with the dust, or use a good quality microfiber and detail spray. Just be careful not to let too much dust collect between wipe downs, or you will also scratch the clear with that.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Zaino attracts less dust than most products since it is a synthetic polymer and does not contain as many oils as Carnuaba products do.

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wash every weekend, or at least that's what I do :)

I wouldn't touch my car with anything unless it had just been washed and I still use caution when doing that. Swifter/cali duster use the dust, abrasive, to mar and although it may be minimal its there. Just my input although its as worthless as teats on a boar hog I've thrown it out. I'm still going through my investment in Clearkote products and until all 12 bottles of various products are gone I'll live with the dust.

Thanks

OP
OP
R

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I also will not use any of the dusters or detail sprays with dust on the Viper. My latest purchase was a high powered leaf blower which I use after a quick rinse. Seems to work pretty well.

I tried Zaino and am really still impressed by Pinnacle. I'm at the bottom of the container - so I may give something else a try this year. Still in search of the perfect wax/polish.

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a wax that Autogeek sells. its called Fuzion or Fusion. Its the only wax I buy for my cars.

I live in south florida and there is always a lot of dust in the air, any other wax I put on my car by the next morning it will be covered in dust. Fuzion is the first one I have tried that repells dust.

Not only that but it leaves an amazing shine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang