Dutch Viperdriver lost his life in Germany today.....

F

FrgMstr

Went under the guard rail after losing control in the rain during morning traffic. Thought the car had been rolled at first, but apparently not. From the article:

You must be registered for see images

The power of the car was probably the two Dutchmen's undoing.

Cause of the accident: probably driving too fast on wet pavement. Witnesses speak of worn rear tires.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the trunklid was not silver but red I would say that he drove through my area around this time last year.... very sorry to learn of his passing.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad news. Regards to his family. Someone local here in MI totalled a GT40 yesterday close to my home. Survived for now, but hoping for the the best.

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a Viper owner AND as a Dutchman, my thoughts are with the family.

I recently spoke to the best men, really nice guy. Vipers are a ***** in the rain on the roads here!

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's very sad news for the Viper driver and his family, my thoughts are with them.

The Ford GT wreck looked even worse, the whole front end is seperated from the vehicle, I'm surprised he was not killed instantly.
My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family as well.

I understand wet raods may have contributed in the Viper crash. I wonder if cooler conditions in the GT crash contributed there?
So sad.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wowwww. RIP

anyone ever notice that when theres a viper crash its NEVER fender bender? its always a complete MESS.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wowwww. RIP

anyone ever notice that when theres a viper crash its NEVER fender bender? its always a complete MESS.

Not Really Stu... These just get more attention... A quick scan of autochecks on ebay speaks to the number of non fatal accidents.

Canuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The article, translated from German into English:

----------------

One dead, one seriously injured, a broken super-sports car and a mile-long traffic jams - the remainder of a horrific crash yesterday morning on the A3.

Ten o'clock, just behind the Wiesbaden-based cross. Light rain. A U.S. sports car racing in the direction of Cologne. The convertible suddenly lurches, crashing into the middle guardrail.

The car pushed its front under the braces, and the roof was torn off. The driver (age 48) died, his co-driver (age 50) was seriously injured.

"The tail broke out at once, then the vehicle was no longer tenable", witnesses reported.

The car was a "Dodge Viper" (named after the slender snake with a flattened head). The U.S. car (base price of 110,000Euro) has a 10-cylinder engine with 8 liters of displacement, 456 hp, and 295 km/h top speed. The power of the car was probably the two Dutchmen's undoing.

Cause of the accident: probably driving too fast on wet pavement. Witnesses speak of worn rear tires.

The A3 was completely closed until 11:35, then flowed on one lane of traffic on the hard shoulder.

----------------

...best of wishes to the two families left behind by this terrible accident.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad news :(
I dont like driving my Viper quick in the rain for the very reasons above :( Last year on the way back from a car show my friend lost control of his Ferrari 360 Spider, the car just hit surface water and took off into the central divide which had a lot of trees in it! The car was an absolute mess but He walked away!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The tail broke out at once, then the vehicle was no longer tenable", witnesses reported.
Not to diminish the loss and pain in any manner, but I have to remember to use the phrase "the vehicle was no longer tenable" from now on. That's simply brilliant!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
exactly, who drives their viper fast in the rain?
I guess the only Viper drivers that are mad enough to do this have to be the Le mans endurance drivers, but to be fair they have the full back up of special wet weather race tires. Wide worn tires and rain just dont mix on a road car :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang