Dyno Results!

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got around to the dyno. Big thanks to the guys at Auto Assets in Powell, Ohio who did a fantastic job. I'm pretty pleased with the final product:

494697gts_dynograph.jpg

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
your numbers seem awefully high for those mods. not putting up the bs but its hard to believe. i have a strong 97 also and with your mods minus the headers i got 0ver 40 less to the wheels. i didnt think headers gave you nearly that much. in fact many on here with the same years have posted lower numbers than your with MORE. they have all you do but also rockers so like i say. hard to believe. -josh

OP
OP
B

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your numbers seem awefully high for those mods. not putting up the bs but its hard to believe. i have a strong 97 also and with your mods minus the headers i got 0ver 40 less to the wheels. i didnt think headers gave you nearly that much. in fact many on here with the same years have posted lower numbers than your with MORE. they have all you do but also rockers so like i say. hard to believe. -josh

Headers + Vec1 on 97 GTS = pretty nice hp gains ;)

I have about 10 more dyno pulls I can show you as well, all within 6 rwhp and 8 tq of each other if you want.

OP
OP
B

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's ok bro, I'd be lying if I didn't say I was pretty impressed myself.

For what it's worth, baseline with the VEC1 set at 0,0 my first two pulls were 431 rwhp, 472 ft/lb and 436 rwhp, 469 ft/lb which is more inline/perhaps a little lower than from where I thought it would be.

Then I set the VEC to 14, -16 and pulled 467 rwhp, 520 ft/lb. Final VEC settings were 10, -16. Belanger claims a 50 hp gain from its headers and 43 rwhp ='s roughly 50 bhp. I also believe 97's often respond the best to mods combined with the VEC.

BTW, my first Viper (96 rt/10) dyno'd at 396 rwhp, 452 ft/lb. after tuning.

Thanks for your concern about the high dyno numbers! I'll let the guys at the dyno know so that they can perhaps inform their throng of Porsche racers. :2tu:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Headers + Vec1 on 97 GTS = pretty nice hp gains ;)

I have about 10 more dyno pulls I can show you as well, all within 6 rwhp and 8 tq of each other if you want.

That Vec 1 was always a strong producer of HP and it was coupled with Belanger in the past too.....

GREAT NUMBERS......CONGRATS

Cudaman :usa:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what people don't understand vipers are hand built so every car has diffrent stock numbers and ever car reacts diffrently to mods.

Just the nature of the beast.

Nice numbers congrats

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Brother!! Wish I could have made it. Remember, you may be a little stronger...but you aren't sh** until you can blow fire out each side sill!!!

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i am not sure i understand what you were saying but it seems like you are saying you got over 50 rwhp from your current mod list with the vec at zero and just altering the vec gave you this much.if i did understand this correctly, what gives, i know the vec doesnt give you this much? from 431 to over 480? oh and i believe the belanger quotes 50rwhp by using their whole system headers back on a stock car, this i do believe cause its what i saw with the borla but nothing near this on the vec. the vec has only improved cars i have seen by maybe 15-25 at the wheels. do you other guys know differently,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi