dynojet a/f question

EMnuke123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i got my 1996 gts dynoed the other day and it put down good number 427 whp and 470 wtq but the a/f was a lil high for my liking its a downward slope from 2500rpm at 13.5 to 5750 at 12.5

the wideband was just one that went in the rear of the exahaust pipe at first i just brushed it off as innacuarcy of the wideband being as it wasnt actually placed in the exhaust pipe where the o2 acually is. but now im a little worried. my mods are smooth tubes and s and b filters and there is a little chysler sticker in my engine bay near where i think the ecu is and it has a part number and it says flash tune. So my question is should i be worried. and if so should i put the stock filters back in to restrict some flow or get a new tune(sct or something).

thanks for your help

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i got my 1996 gts dynoed the other day and it put down good number 427 whp and 470 wtq but the a/f was a lil high for my liking its a downward slope from 2500rpm at 13.5 to 5750 at 12.5

the wideband was just one that went in the rear of the exahaust pipe at first i just brushed it off as innacuarcy of the wideband being as it wasnt actually placed in the exhaust pipe where the o2 acually is. but now im a little worried. my mods are smooth tubes and s and b filters and there is a little chysler sticker in my engine bay near where i think the ecu is and it has a part number and it says flash tune. So my question is should i be worried. and if so should i put the stock filters back in to restrict some flow or get a new tune(sct or something).

thanks for your help

The dynojet wideband scheme has a large amount of built-in smoothing. It will always show leaner, since it picks up the pre-wot and averages that into the algorithm. It wil get more accurate near the end of the pull, but, still will show leaner. If it is a tailpipe sniffer, you do not know what you will get.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang