E-Brake Relocation

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know of an easy way to relocate or modify the emergency brakes to allow 18" wheel use? I am aware of the e-brake relocation kit but am looking for alternatives. I think I heard some here before but could not find them.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron i think if you are willing to grind down a spot or two on the e-brake calipers you will gain the needed clearence. I think there is more than one version of the relo kit, Archers and at least one more.

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why are you looking for alternatives? The kit is simple, fast to install and works great. It is not the caliper that is relocated it is the cable that is moved.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey GR8 ASP,

ViperGMC is right. This is an easy, cheap mod and it works great. It took me about an hour and I'm very meticulous. The e-brake is not relocated, only the cable and the cable's roller bracket.

Also, with some wheels, you can merely grind the cable's bracket to get them to fit. It's tight but works.

Don't forget to switch the oe parts from right to left if you do this.

Dan

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about Forgeline SX3 wheels?
Grinding will probably work. I used the Archer relo kit myself, but actually put a Forgeline on before installing the Archer kit just to check the "before" fit. Sure enough, the cable spacer touched the barrel, but just barely.

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I will try to fit them first and see what it indicates.

Mike, sometime we can talk about why, but at the moment I am not leaning toward buying something from the guy that sells them.

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I will try to fit them first and see what it indicates.

Mike, sometime we can talk about why, but at the moment I am not leaning toward buying something from the guy that sells them.

You can get the E-brake relocation kit from John at CCW. Works nice.

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the e-brake relocator kit from Jon B at parts Rack for something like $49.