EBC brake pads... anyone tried the "redstuff" series?

andrew8896

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EBC brake pads... anyone tried the \"redstuff\" series?

I was looking at the EBC website and they offer two different pads for the Viper & Diablo, a "greenstuff" and a "redstuff" version. The "redstuff" is supposed to be a higher performance version over the "greenstuff".

Wondering which is comparible to the stock pads?

I know several people that use the green, any feedback on the red ones?

Thanks guys.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: EBC brake pads... anyone tried the

I've tried them all. Not a fan for track use but I'll use greens on the street since they're not expensive.

However, I've been told they've updated the composition of the pads since I tried them out. Give Steve Pasztor a call 972-743-9443. He also carries other pads.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Reds no better than OEs under heat conditions, they broke up from the backing plate. I'm now using PFC and happy where I'm spending my dosh for breaks.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have greens in front and reds in back. They work just fine for me. The greens have a fraction of the dust and squeal of the stock Viper brake pads. And the reds are also quiet and dust more than the greens, but not as much as the stock pads.

Tom Glenn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have used EBC's for several years in multiple applications with great success. Here is what worked best:

Spirited street driving & autocross-Reds Front/Greens Rear
Occasional Road Race-Yellows Front/Reds Rear(requires warm up on the street)
Pemberton style drop anchor braking-Blues Front/Yellows Rear(Not good for the street)

These combinations of heat ranges and coefficents of friction gave a more linear and balanced braking to the Viper.

OP
OP
A

andrew8896

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cool, thanks for all the feedback.

How about "Hawk Performance" brakes? Anyone with good/bad luck with them? Just curious, I am think I am going with the EBCs though..

A couple guys at my work here dont care for the EBCs, saying that they prefer the Hawk pads.. (they run ricers though).

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I run hawk in the front with the reds in back on big brakes and they perform great on street and track.