EBC "Green" Brake pads. Any body installed them on SRT yet?

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
EBC \"Green\" Brake pads. Any body installed them on SRT yet?

Hello;

I was given a set of these as a gift by Jon B. at Parts Rack (Thanks Jon!). I have not installed them yet, but have been looking forward to less brake dust from them.

Recently, I read somewhere on our site here that some folks thought they didn't stop as well as the OEM pads on the SRT, and that the dust was not reduced significantly as they expected.

I would gladly install a set of these every month (they are not expensive) if they don't sacrifice any stopping power and reduce the dust if even by 20% or so (we all LOVE brake dust, right). Do you like these pads, do they enhance the driving experience with better grip/feel, and do they really reduce the dust significantly?

What are the pros/cons of installing these EBC "Greens" besides the cost of the pads and cost of professional installation? Can a novice install them properly and easily?

Thanks as always,

Jim

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: EBC

how much brake dust do the stockers produce compared to the pads on the GEN1/2 cars?

I would say about the same, although you get a LOT more on the rear wheels than you did on previous Vipers. I am not sure if they changed the brake bias or if it is just the new set up, but you get about the same amount of dust (a fair bit) on all four wheels. As they do NOT squeek at all, I think I will leave mine as is for now. Once I start driving it more (c'mon SUMMER!) I may choose to knock down the cleaning chores and go with the EBC's. Had 'em on the GTS and loved 'em!

Chris

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: EBC

The front and rears dust the same. And, I mean a ton of dust. Installed the EBC Greens today. Very easy, took about 35 minutes. Just pull the two pins and plate out of each caliper. Slide the EBC's in (Slightly thiner that stock pads) Scuff the rotors front and back. And you are done. With only about 50 miles of driving the dust is cut over 60%!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi