EBC red instead of EBC green for aggressive street use?

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know we talk about what brake pads all the time, but how about comments related specifically to EBC reds as compared to EBC greens for agressive street use. And does anyone have the EBC slotted/dimpled rotors for the Gen II? Decent rotors?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reds all the way. I use them for street and light track. The greens give a little less dust and bite and are ugly (color). Buy them from AJ USA for the best price and free shipping. Forget the ebc rotors though. Pay a little more and get quality slotted from BAER. Call them directly too to buy a pair and less wait time.

OP
OP
PhoenixGTS

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call them directly too to buy a pair and less wait time.
Even less wait time considering the Baer facility is about 15-20 miles from my house. Odd thing is that Baer is like other Viper vendors in that you can buy their stuff cheaper from a vendor than they will sell it to you for.

Do the reds squeal? I'm sick of squealing brakes. Dusty? Yeah I know just wipe off the wheels, but with a silver car in Phoenix, if it was not for brake dust I could go a month easy without any cleaning, and the insides of the wheels are sick with dust.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My OE pads along with numerous other viper owners I know have complained about squealing. They are garbage. And when I toured the Viper plant 3 years ago I spoke with an assembly guy who even admitted the same problem but did not know if a change was in the works. Get decent pads, they are cheap too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187