Eric McLean's Viper bucket list

Mr. Mom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw this on Youtube while looking for GenII exhaust notes. Did a general search here but can't seem to come up with any further info.
Long story short, a man named Eric McLean was diagnosed with Leukemia in 2009 and sadly he created sort of a bucket list. On his list was to drive a 1997 GTS.
Not sure if Russ Wetenkamp is a member here or not.............doesn't really even matter. He made this man's dream come true in HURRY and I have to say that my complete admiration and thanks go out to him!!

Thank you, Russ for making at least one dream come true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP52EWI-uUA

Sadly, Eric lost his battle just this past August at the age of only 28.

RIP Eric McLean

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd seen that awhile back, but he was still alive (I didn't know he'd died since then). It was really Awesome what Russ did for him. You know when we get in our Vipers & drive them all the time & never really realize that it could be on someones bucket list just to be able to drive one just once in their life, especially if they're dying! jmo

happy56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just took a 16 year old to her 16 coming out party for a good friend. Thats what the cars are for to have fun!! Not quite a bucket list item but the 16 year old was thrilled.

Husker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I took my wife's 73 year old uncle to lunch on Monday. He was sure surprised when I arrived in the Viper. First time he has ever had a ride in the Viper. He was beaming ear to ear when we got out.