Everyone with a wing...

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do you set your wing for everyday normal driving... amount of pitch (degree of angle)? If you go to the track, what do you change it to ? I just purchased a GT2 wing and was looking for a baseline to start at. Any info would be great, thanks in advance.
Later,
Joe

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,
For normal driving, I have mine at it's lowest setting which is parallel to the ground. If you tilt that thing up too high driving down S. Kingshighway you'll have people calling it a ricer! I've not done any track events with this current car to answer the second part of your question. I have been told on tracks with long straights (higher mph) the greater the degree of the angle. However, since most Viper events are road courses you might be better leaving it down. See ya.
Michael

OP
OP
P

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael,
I have Rich Detert's car on the rack doing the recall this morning and this guy walks up to me and asks...What year Corvette is that !!! That almost scares me enough not to get the car out this summer at all. I can only imagine the things the true south-siders will say.
Later,
Joe

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have said it's a 2013 Corvette. Wait, I'm sorry, Chevy hopes to have a car with this kind of performance by 2013! NICE!!

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PBJ, Love the black with red stripes, do you have any photos to share?

you can mail them to me, or post.. [email protected]

sorry for the hiJack, please resume normal operation.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Is a GT-2 wing adjustable?

Where do you set your wing for everyday normal driving... amount of pitch (degree of angle)? If you go to the track, what do you change it to ? I just purchased a GT2 wing and was looking for a baseline to start at. Any info would be great, thanks in advance.Later,
Joe

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Michael,
I have Rich Detert's car on the rack doing the recall this morning and this guy walks up to me and asks...What year Corvette is that !!! That almost scares me enough not to get the car out this summer at all. I can only imagine the things the true south-siders will say.
Later,
Joe

Are you done yet Joe? :rolleyes:

Just kidding... :cool:

OP
OP
P

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MarvS,
There are a couple different versions out there, some are adjustable and some are not. My wing is not, I was going to fabricate a reinforcement under the deck with a choice of 2 different mounting positions.
Rich,
I am going as fast as I can go, I have so many things on my plate it is not funny. I will do all of the extras for nothing to make up the difference on the amount of time it has taken me... sill well plugs, removable tank panels...etc.
Sorry again.
Later,
Joe

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte