Excuses for the Viper's lack of horsepower wanted by Corvette Club of Virginia

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The VA/MD VCA has challenged the Corvette Club of Virginia to a “Horsepower Challenge” on September 15, 2007 to see which club can get the most horsepower to a charity event at the Children’s Hospital in Richmond, VA.

Last year we had 20 Vipers and really smoked them (pun intended if you’ve read the thread from last year).

Below is an email to me from Charles Hawkins the past president of the Corvette Club of Virginia about the event.
Hi Howard,

I'm ordering the Viper vs. Corvette trophies on Tuesday in 3 sizes. What is the wording you are using on yours?

P.S. My direct port (up to 1200 hp) system will be ready for the show. Can you say 2 stage 250 and 500 hp shots for now? We’re not feeling benevolent or sorry for the Viper Club this year. Pure overwhelming horsepower is what we will bring. Submit your long list of Viper lack of horsepower excuses before the show in writing. Please bring everything you can beg borrow or steal. No mercy (or freebies this year) just a horsepower reality check and wake up call for Viper owners. Ouch! Just bring 1 viper over 800 rwhp if there is such a thing! We need something as an appetizer before we break out the big guns. Viper owners must be disheartened that for $15K a Z0-6 twin-turbo is putting out 800 + rwhp. Keep trying with the Hennesy Viper. Does one actually exist? Where is it hiding? We would love to spank one real hard and get it over with.

Charles
So far it looks like we’re going to loose unless we can get a better turnout than Vipers I know are coming. It would be a shame to loose a horsepower challenge to the Corvette Club when we’ve got a 2008 factory Viper at 600 horsepower.

Neighboring chapters are welcome to come. You can read more about the event at:
http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?p=2432701#post2432701

If we loose what kind of excuses can we give Charles?

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just tell him that viper owners are tired of consistantly beating corvettes, and this year nobody felt like brining out the 1300 hp viper, and he can have his rare moment of glory (he seems a little over exited about winning for once)

and then remind him which certain 1000TT beat the lenginfelter vette in both motortrend a R&T shootouts..and also remind him the vettes broke down in both tests!:)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VA/MD VCA has challenged the Corvette Club of Virginia to a “Horsepower Challenge” on September 15, 2007 to see which club can get the most horsepower to a charity event at the Children’s Hospital in Richmond, VA.

Last year we had 20 Vipers and really smoked them (pun intended if you’ve read the thread from last year).

Below is an email to me from Charles Hawkins the past president of the Corvette Club of Virginia about the event.

So far it looks like we’re going to loose unless we can get a better turnout than Vipers I know are coming. It would be a shame to loose a horsepower challenge to the Corvette Club when we’ve got a 2008 factory Viper at 600 horsepower.

Neighboring chapters are welcome to come. You can read more about the event at:
http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?p=2432701#post2432701

If we loose what kind of excuses can we give Charles?

No excuses. If u lose, u lose. **** it up. Its for charity... Your leadership is on the line. Bring in the troops! Make us proud.

Hey... Where's your region's prez?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No excuses. If u lose, u lose. **** it up. Its for charity... Your leadership is on the line. Bring in the troops! Make us proud.
Hey... Where's your region's prez?

Exactly--no excuses. Just do the very best you can, enjoy it, it's for charity as Warfang says....we can all live with a bit of lively competition!!! FUN~~~keep it that way...but yeah, do try to make us proud!~! No doubts you will.......juli

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just say, " Nuts, I think my car's only running on 8 cylinders today.."

That shuts them up.

:lmao:

-------------------------------
For sale:
Chrome ACR wheels
New SVS short shifter

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll be there, Howard...

Who's gonna get arrested this time?

George, glad you'll be able to make it. Don't forget your dyno slip.

This year it's the Viper Club's turn to have someone arrested at the Horsepower Challenge. I was thinking you'd like to volunteer. :)

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excuses are like a-holes; everyone has one and they all stink!

Enjoy the comradere you have with them. I can't get any of the 3 Vette Clubs here to do anything with us.

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Howard, Charles is in need of some immediate knowledge so he won't be too embarassed to show up next year, so tell him you don't know how many Vipers make only 800 h.p., but Joe Dell is making at least 1,500rwhp with twin turbos. Of course, his car is almost stock, so there may be some making twice what the Vettes make-if all they can muster is a mere 800hp. Poor, disillusioned Charles. Makes me almost want to cry.....LOL

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I missing something? In order to get 1200 HP out of his Corvette, he has to spray 750 HP worth of nitrous? So off the bottle his bowtie powerhouse makes a whopping 450 hp? Wow. Color me unimpressed.

Make sure to get video of his 1200 HP nitrous car blowing the heads through the hood and then save some of the metal pieces from his block that are laying on the floor underneath the car for a souvenir. If you have a chance, get a good shot of all the oil that you see in his coolant, too. ;)

In any event, it is for charity so have a good time. Make a good showing, raise some money, have some fun and know that win or lose you ALL did a good thing.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howard, I think I recruited a few more guys today at lunch. And as you know John and I will be there. Fast Too (Greg Nagel) was there and he will be bringing his new Paxtonized 06. Forget what the exact dyno sheet says but it's healthy.
Maybe George Murray can round up a few more from the Tidewater area. I also heard Bernie Katz is bringing a supercharged ACR. Maybe we can get Bernie to bring 5 or 6 of his cars. Heck, maybe we could get a transporter and do just that! I really would like to see Charles face if we pulled that off!

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't make it this year. I had to change plans for that weekend. My dad's been in/out of the hospital a lot lately so I'll be Ohio. Good luck!

DrDJ

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Am I missing something? In order to get 1200 HP out of his Corvette, he has to spray 750 HP worth of nitrous? So off the bottle his bowtie powerhouse makes a whopping 450 hp? Wow. Color me unimpressed.

Make sure to get video of his 1200 HP nitrous car blowing the heads through the hood and then save some of the metal pieces from his block that are laying on the floor underneath the car for a souvenir. If you have a chance, get a good shot of all the oil that you see in his coolant, too. ;)

In any event, it is for charity so have a good time. Make a good showing, raise some money, have some fun and know that win or lose you ALL did a good thing.

Last year a Corvette driver was arrested at the Horsepower Challenge. Perhaps if we could get Charles to fire up his 1200 hp Corvette and it blows up he’ll be arrested for an act of terriorism. I’m sure it would scare the children in the hospital to see a Corvette blow up before their eyes.

I don’t know about you but 450 hp sounds impressive for a Corvette. Weren’t the C-5’s only 345 hp?

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I won't make it this year. I had to change plans for that weekend. My dad's been in/out of the hospital a lot lately so I'll be Ohio. Good luck!

DrDJ

Sorry to hear about your dad.

I hope you see you at another event.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year a Corvette driver was arrested at the Horsepower Challenge. Perhaps if we could get Charles to fire up his 1200 hp Corvette and it blows up he’ll be arrested for an act of terriorism. I’m sure it would scare the children in the hospital to see a Corvette blow up before their eyes.

Vette guys will do anything to get the feel of a Viper... isn't "Children running away screaming" a Viper thing? :D

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I'll take an arrest for the team, no problem. If I get a comp coupe. Yellow, please.

Getting a brilliant vision based on this comment.... any Viper driving cops that are gonna join the party (think further on your own accord as to what I would mean with this) :D ?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting a brilliant vision based on this comment.... any Viper driving cops that are gonna join the party (think further on your own accord as to what I would mean with this) :D ?

Oh yeah.... that was my suggestion after the arrest last year. If no police Viper owners are attending, someone should contact the local police dept and ask for an officer to volunteer some time to overlook the event.

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard a few times on here about this corvette owner getting arrested last year. I am curious...what was he arrested for?
I will be out of town seeing my mother-in-law next weekend so I can't make it, but good luck and thanks to the viper owners that will be there.
Doug

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have heard a few times on here about this corvette owner getting arrested last year. I am curious...what was he arrested for?
I will be out of town seeing my mother-in-law next weekend so I can't make it, but good luck and thanks to the viper owners that will be there.
Doug

He did a burn out in the parking lot as was arrested. Here is a link to the event last year.
http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=592332&

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soooooo.... what happend at the event?

Hmm...I know I caught the results, must be on another thread...pics and all...Vipers won, and showed the winners...sorry, I cannot recall which thread it was...I'll try to quickly look.

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=604788&goto=newpost

Think this was the one...hope this helps, Warfang!! ~juli
Congrats to all who won and attended to represent us Viper-ites!!!!
Also congratulations personally to Fast Too for his 3rd place win in his AWESOME Viper!~!!!!!

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howard did a great job for a great cause. I was the first Viper there and a little concerned when I saw all those Vettes. But Vipernation as always came through and our guys showed up from near and far.

Lots raised for the kids, and being around them is quite humbling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi