Exhaust question...... again(sorry)

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had both and they are not even close as far as the sound goes. The Corsa is the quietest possible cat back and the Belanger is the LOUDEST possible cat back. I'm not sure why you narrowed it down to these two systems as they are complete opposite of each other.

BTW there is no difference in HP between the two

Stiffler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperJim......BUY THE BELANGER. I have Belanger headers and cat back on my car with RT High Flow CATS. The sound at idle is deep and a bit loud but it makes a great statement at redlights. Under acceleration the system is loud but once again deep. When I am crusing in 5th and using light throttle it is noticably louder than stock, but you can hear you radio or passenger very well, it is NOT annoyingly loud at all. If you want that "Deep" exhuast sound, aluminized steel is the way to go!

OP
OP
M

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really comes down to how loud you like it. When I had the Belanger w/hi-flow cats I could hardly drive 20-30 min before I had to get out of the car. Just too much for me to take. Now I know some like it loud, but just warning you ahead of time, if you like quiet don't get the Belangers. As far as the actual sound goes I do like the Belanger sound better than the Corsa, but that's really subjective.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the Corsa.Exotic sounding.Like a 10 cylinder should sound.Much louder than stock.Not loud enough? Then throw out the cats and get the Apex syms.Twice the volume at idle.Quiet at cruise or when short shifting.Wake the dead on the throtle.No it doesn't sound like a V8.The sound rips!Good sound=Corsa.Not loud enough use Corsa W/O cats.Corsa W/o cats may be too loud for an RT-10. Bruce

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Corsa and no cats. The car is loud at 2K-3K RPM and at WOT. At the stop ligh sounds like a beast.

PS I have new Corsas 3.5 inch.

Serpent 97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run the Belanger headers and exhaust minus the cats.A couple of months ago I got roasted for a speeding ticket.When the officer finally finished with the ticket,he handed it to me.As I started the car up,he aproached the driver side and asked me to step out of the vehicle again,thenn asked if I've had my car inspected to which I replied no.He then pulls out a decibel meter and decides to measure my cars exhaust levels.At idle,the snake was making 110 db.Then he asked me to rev the car up to 3000 rpms(I only brought it to 2500)his decibel meter then read 120 db's.Needless to say,I had a expensive day.So yes,I would have to say the Belanger is one loud system.

V10Nationals.com

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperJim,

I am not an expert at exhausts! However, I am also on the market for an exhaust and so far with my research I learned that the Belenger system is made out of aluminized steel which it has several advantages over stainless steel. I am not going to try to explain the differences because like I said I am not an expert.

I suggest you call Belenger at 877-423-7878 and ask those guys to describe the advantages to you. It might just be another factor that could influence your decision.

Good luck.

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you like having gold teeth or do you like having a suit?

Do you like having a money clip with $100s or a bank account?

Do you like a hot girl who dresses like a stripper or a hot girl with a touch of class who only pays attention to you?

Do you like the sound of funny cars or aftermarket corvettes and camaros?

Do you like Bellanger or Corsa?

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the Corsa exhaust audio page. Click the Viper link. http://www.corsaperf.com/audiomenu.htm
BURNOUT.gif
bounce.gif

Serpent 97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey ViperJim,I have a mpeg of my own car with the Belangers,just don't know how to post.If you'd like I could send it to you.