Exhaust Removal Question

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am taking off the stock exhaust on my 2000RT/10. My question is, do the pipes come apart easily when the clamps are taken off. The front ones were a no brainer since they only join to pipes together without one going inside another. They took 2 minutes when I took out the factory header. If there is an easy way to seperate the other pipes after the clamp is taken off, please let me know. I dont want to damage the stock pipes, because I will probably sell them. Oh, if anyone is in the market for a factory exhaust with only 1,600 miles on it, please let me know.

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Squirt a generous amount of WD40 into the joint before trying to pull it apart. With low mileage on a 2000 car, you should not have a problem getting the exhaust apart.

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually Alan, I did find someone willing to pay the shipping costs when I gave him my old exhaust for free. Marc, I really don't think anyone will buy your old one. Anyone with the cash for the car is not going to be looking for a used stock exhaust.

BTW I just did the exhaust on my '96 and the slip fits were a bit of a problem. Lots of penetrating oil, lots of tapping with a hammer, and a bit of patience and I got mine off. Good luck!

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all, pipes came apart with no problem. I guess I will put them away in the attick and probably not take them out until I sell the house.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte