Extended Warranty Help

mattsmusic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi -

I'm considering the purchase of a 2006 Roadster and would like to get a warranty for it. Who has the best deals on extended warranties for these cars? I did a search and saw some dealer names mentioned but has anyone shopped around and found one dealer to have the best prices?

Also, the car I'm considering has a bunch of small scratches on the front and rear panels. Apparently, the previous owner didn't take very good care of the car. Unfortunately the paint is black, so everything is showing up on it. In your guys' opinion, would having the front and rear repainted be cheaper than replacing those body panels?

I really want this Viper but the scratches are making the purchase decision tough.

Thanks! Matt

Last edited:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt have the car checked out by a Viper tech or at the very least someone who knows Vipers. Since you suspect that this car was not taken care of have it checked out thoroughly. Does the current owner have service records?

OP
OP
M

mattsmusic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alot of the scratches were deep enough that primer was visible. Ideally, I think the front and rear fascias need to be removed and repainted. The car only has 12K miles on it and if the previous owner allowed the paint to get that beat up, I can only imagine how he treated the car in general.

After sleeping on it, I've decided to pass on this particular Viper... the search continues!

Pictures? Scratches-light, medium, or deep?

Your warranty price will vary from someone else, year, mileage, history.

Calling with your personal specs is the best way to shop. Here you go.
http://forums.viperclub.org/new-products-supplier-specials-group-buys-vendor-reviews/

OP
OP
M

mattsmusic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The current owner is a Hyundai dealer and they bought the car at auction. The only records are what's showing in the Carfax report. Seems like alot of the Vipers I see for sale at dealers came from an auction, any idea why that is?

Matt have the car checked out by a Viper tech or at the very least someone who knows Vipers. Since you suspect that this car was not taken care of have it checked out thoroughly. Does the current owner have service records?

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know about the auction aspect. It is very important to know how these cars have been taken care of.

Call one of our site sponsor dealers or look in the classified section most VCA members take great care and pride in their cars. I don't think you could go wrong with either of the above options...

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Front fascia issues are unavoidable, especially with cars that have been lowered, like mine. My front fascia is pretty beat on the underside, but you can't see it unless you bend over and look underneath.

Just something to keep in mind. However, if you gut tells you "no", then look for another. There are lots of cars out there for sale. Good luck.

OP
OP
M

mattsmusic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do understand about the front fascia, I own a C6 that's my DD and the front of that is about the same height. My car has 25,000 miles on it and it's PRISTINE compared to the Viper. I've been waiting a long time to get a Viper and although this car is a little cheaper than others I've seen, I'd rather not make that much of a sacrifice on quality, just to save $2000.00.

Front fascia issues are unavoidable, especially with cars that have been lowered, like mine. My front fascia is pretty beat on the underside, but you can't see it unless you bend over and look underneath.

Just something to keep in mind. However, if you gut tells you "no", then look for another. There are lots of cars out there for sale. Good luck.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The current owner is a Hyundai dealer and they bought the car at auction. The only records are what's showing in the Carfax report. Seems like alot of the Vipers I see for sale at dealers came from an auction, any idea why that is?

Yes, some dealers but not the ones you see listed on this website. In your case, the Hyundai brought this car at a rock bottom price and is hoping to make a decent profit off of it. Most non-supporting dealerships (non-Viper dealerships) would rather sell their Viper trades to a wholesaler rather than try to sell them on their used car lot. These cars then end up at auctions.

Reason being: these cars are simple not selling due to the current economic state of our country.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC