Extension of Warranty

medmonds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my shopping for a used GTS I have noticed that some have an extended warranty that is transferrable. Is this something that can be added by a second owner or by the original owner prior to sale?
Thanks.

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it only costs $50.00 to transfer the extended warrantee from the first owner to the 2nd. Some of the newer cars do not even have a fee for warrantee transfer, if I remember correctly. If it is already into an extended warrantee program, then it can be transferred over to the next owner, again for $50.00 I believe. We bought or '94 in '98, however, it did not get sold as new until '96, so we still had time left on the original warrantee. I transferred it to my name for $50.00, then when it was about to expire, I bought the 7/70 extended warrantee that Tony mentioned, so we still have over 3 years of warrantee to go on the car now. I don't think Dodge has to worry about us hitting 70K for mileage within the warrantee time, as it only has a little over 13K on it right now. For a soon to be 7 year old car, that is not many miles. But this is fairly typical of Vipers I think, they just don't get that many miles put on them each year. We did put over 3K on the car this past summer, so we drove it quite frequently, and a third of the miles came from going down to St. Louis for VOI-6, so drive 'em if ya got 'em.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang