Exterior Car Care

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just looking for an opinion or what you folks do - I only take my Viper out on nice days - I have had the car since early september and now have almost 2,000 miles on it - anyway, since the car never really gets dirty I dont go through the full wash routine with water etc - instead I use a california duster first, then hit the exterior with a quick detail spray and then wax or zaino the exterior. The results are amazing - do you think I am "missing anything" without using water? Its usually a faster process my way and it seems easier especially as temperatures fall in PA and working with water outside a pain in the butt. Thanks

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think you will get away from not using water totally. I tried what you mentioned myself and noticed that there will always be dirt on the car. I get much better results with water.

How do you remove the break dust that finds its way on the back body paint?

I usually wash the car with water without drying. Once washed I take her on the highway and top speed and she gets squeaky clean ( no water residue ) ..........amazing what torque can do!

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turbo63 I do about the same thing. I take it to the car wash about every 3-4 weeks, but dust and detail spray every time I take HER out. Black looks the best but the hardest to keep clean.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the duster and a product calles Stonier Quick Bead Wax. The car has never been washed. I tales me about 15 minutes. make sure you use new all cotton baby diapers. They are perfect for waxing your car. By the way Stoniers Liquid Glass is the best. If you can not find it email me or call me and I will sell you some.

http://www.stonersolutions.com/

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I try to keep mine clean between drives as suggested here as well. (its a nice day only Viper as well) However at some point in time road grime, film, etc will require you to actually use water/soap to clean your car. I think you may be kidding yourself that you can "clean" with using a duster and wax. Yes you can remove the dust, but it does not clean. IMHO.

I went the first several drives (1000 miles) without washing. Then had a free weekend and found out just how dirty the car was even though it "looked" clean. Then of course spent considerable time giving it a proper pre-wax, wax, etc.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have you tried Stoniers products, if not then how can you pass comment with the statement " I think you may be kidding yourself that you can "clean" with using a duster and wax." Until you try it don't knock it.

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did not knock that product specifically, however I would argue any "wax" cannot claim to be a cleaner like soap and water. IF your saying that a quick bead wax is like soap and water then I say BS. Wax is not an emulsifier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery