Facia Question...?

2002graphiteviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I should checked this before driving it off the floor - but the dealership I got my Viper from actually drilled two holes into the front facia to hold the license plate...(urgh)

Long story short - does anyone have any ideas - besides getting it professionally redone - to plug those two drill holes (their about 4mm in diameter)? I hate to bring it in - and pay that kind of money - just to fill two small holes...

Can anyone suggest anything?

I did stop at a car shop and got two caps - almost like the four in the sills - but wanted other ideas. Also, unfortunately it is a graphite colored car - which makes blending all the more difficult.

Thanks in advance!

jamie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glen,

It's not that noticeable, I would just leave it unless it
really really bugs you. I don't know if I would take the chance of a body shop trying to blend the graphite, you could end up with a mess...JMO

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Krylon makes a graphite that is pretty close to your color, and super glue should fill those holes...we can fix it for under $10...it will be "hardly noticable"!
supergrin.gif

That black RT in your avitar is freakin RAD!

OP
OP

2002graphiteviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snake...

Yeah, you can barely see the black RT10 behind the graphite - with that glossy shine reflecting from the graphite...!

In regards to your fix - unless I hear some other ideas from people - I might just get small rubber stoppers to insert into the holes - or I may leave the ones I have on now - like a thumb tack shape - like the sill caps...

I am trying to imagine the manager of the dealership - talking to skippy on his first day, "hey skippy - ya wanna get the drill bit out and make sure that Viper has a plate on it...". The guy should be shot... All I can picture is some kid with 1/4th drill bit - lining up the holes - and then drilling thru that front facia... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

"and hey skippy - when you're done - make sure to mount our 14 pound chrome logo on the truck - you may need a larger bit...".

I wouldn't have bought the car if they would have stuck a dealership logo on...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc