FE Coupe - KZ Status for 3 weeks - Still @ Plant

Breck-Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't believe that my 2006 FE Coupe was released for shipping on 10/28/05 (3 weeks ago) and of as today it is still at the plant. The dealer found out today that there are only 2 other cars in KZ status that are going my direction. They need 6 cars to fill a delivery truck. The car is to be shipped to Denver. I also found out that the dealership was invoiced for the car on 10/28/05. Wish I could build a product a charge someone weeks before I delivered the product.

I have the option of picking the car up myself, but I would not be reimbursed for the $850 delivery charge. What gives, they wouldn't be delivering the car, but would receive the $850. I guess I am in the wrong business.

A person spends over $80,000 on a vehicle and receives this kind of poor service. Wake up Chrysler/Dodge. With this kind of service you will be lucky to stay in business.

When I receive my car it will have been built and released for shipment for over one month. This is terrible service and unacceptable.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey - mine was in KZ status for longer than yours but it finally got here. It was put in KZ before the stripes were added and then it had to be re-inspected and then it had to wait until the truck was full, and then......... When it finally arrives you will be so thrilled that you will forget how long you had to wait. I just hope they fix your air conditioning issue before they ship it. Mine is at the dealer right now having this done - and I thought all along that the shipping delay was because they were fixing the AC at the factory. Have a little more patience and let us know how you like the car when it arrives.

Bob K