Ferrari 1-2-3 in ALMS

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The 550 Maranellos are getting better each race. They became the first mark to sweep the GTS podium in the American LeMans series. Only wish we still had the factory Vipers running. Hats off to Carsport America for still running the snakes. The vettes are not as reliable as in past years...maybe because they had to turn up the wick on the equipment in an attempt to stay with the 550s.

If anyone has any insight, would like to hear it.

nitro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sure miss the glory days of Vipers pounding what little competition their was. I sure hope they come back soon with factory support and smash everyone.
They could find the drivers easily if they would start new teams again. :usa: Definately hats off to Carsport for their continuance in racing Vipers. Hello, Chrysler/Damler we need support! :(

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 550 Maranellos are getting better each race. They became the first mark to sweep the GTS podium in the American LeMans series. Only wish we still had the factory Vipers running. Hats off to Carsport America for still running the snakes. The vettes are not as reliable as in past years...maybe because they had to turn up the wick on the equipment in an attempt to stay with the 550s.

If anyone has any insight, would like to hear it.

Yes both Vettes were wrecked, one in the morning practice and one during the race. I think the Viper ran a total of 16 laps. That was one crappy street course. 1.3 miles of concrete walls and no passing lanes to speak of. If you bobbled the car on the course you hit the wall. Plus there was one **** in the road that was getting the cars airborne and bouncing when they landed at an entrance to a turn. Any car and team that finished that 2 3/4 hour race needs to be congratulated.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960