Ferrari vs Vipers at Pocono

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regretfuly, I wasn't able to be there either. I'll definately be there next year. Where in NJ are you?

Phil

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In one of the clubs I belong to here in FL we have our own little Viper Ferrari wars. Although they're really not wars. Just as Alan said "a bunch of down to earth Ferrari owners out to enjoy there beautiful machines." Today at Moroso there were at least 6 Ferraris and 3 Vipers. Sebring on June 9 will have maybe 6 Vipers and probably just as many Ferraris.

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was the best event i have ever attended. Thumbs up to all the organizers.
I got there at about 11:30 and was still able to run. I did two sessions and could have done at least 3 more.
The Ferrari guys were first class. They interrupted their lunch to walk me over to the registration area, and set me up with an instructor since this was my first time.
The cars there were awesome. There was a Camaro, some late model corvettes including Zo6's, a couple of c4 corvettes, Vipers and race Vipers, and a lot of Ferrari's including a few f-50's.
I had my 1990 zr-1 and was doing about 140 with my foot to the floor when this red blur (an F-50)went right by. I have never been passed like that before, and it looked great and sounded better. I had to cut my first session short because i was running hot due to the fact that i was running one gear lower than i should have. I did a lot better in the second session.
All in all it was a great day. I did notice that i hit my limits way before my car did especially on the tight turns. "Sorry guys for holding you up." I hope i made up for it in the straightaways. in conclusion i have one question "WHEN ARE WE DOING THIS AGAIN."
You must be registered for see images

2000F250V10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PhilC,

I saw that you are in Jackson. I live a couple minutes form Six Flags right on 537. Where in Jackson are you?

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No question the best event ever. This blew away the track sessions at Gateway at VOI last year. Way more speed. I got up to 140+ for a few seconds, but mostly around 120-130, passing Ferraris and Porches all day. Learned a great deal. Ferrari guys are a good bunch, Thanks!

Andrew

GTS97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to thank every viper owner for attending the ferrari club invitaton at Pocono it was a great event & the ferrari guys did a great job of organizing the event
it was perfect day weather & track overall hope to be invited next season, even though snake pit racing lost 2 motors they will rebuiled & be ready for viper days in gingerman
Adel Elsayed
VCA-NJ region president

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Great time! Beautiful machines and a perfectly choreographed allocation of track time. Everyone seemed to be perfectly placed in their run groups. Lots of Snakes slithering passed Prancing Horses! (the F50 was definitely fast, Modenas were competitive with slicks), all others were no competition against a stock Snake.

Great FUN!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dear vermont,

check the listings for regional events on the very first page. it had been advertised. you should check these event links out. there are always lots to do. viper owners are always invited. the guys up in new jersey haven't ever turned me away after selling my viper, & i'm driving a right hand drive car.

frank

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Mark and all others,

WE ALWAYS OPEN OUR NJ EVENTS TO ALL VCA MEMBERS! Just check out our website at www.viperclubofamerica.com and click newsletter. You'll always see the latest events listing, and lots of other great news!

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's great to hear that you guys found a group of Ferrari owners who enjoy some friendly competition. We started the Viper Ferrari War concept six years ago and it looks like most of the Ferrari contingent have given up and waived the white flag. It's kind of funny to think that Steve Ferguson got Bob Lutz to send a GTS-R and a crew to defend the Dodge Viper name just in case the Tioffosi sent a ringer to that first event. Even though we were prepared with the GTS-R, it was overkill. The mildly modified Vipers which were in attendence, were able to keep at bay the intruders from across the Pond all weekend.

Great to hear that everything went well. If the Eastern Ferraris would like to join their midwestern brothers in playing with about 50 Vipers from across the country, than they are invited to GingerMan Raceway in South Haven MI. on August 18 and 19th for V-F #6. E-mail me for more info.

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The event was great fun until my engine cut loose. The World Challenge Ferrari's were no match for us, but the F-40's were definitely fast in the straights, just too much horsepower, but they were toasted in the turns and banks. It was great to fly by them at 150 mph in the bank as they seemed afraid of it.
Look forward to round two!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather