FIAT bought GMs in europe

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like FIAT is shopping on both sides GM and Chrysler.

Somebody just told me that Fiat has bought GM european assets: Opel etc. (It is in the Der Spiegel german news paper). If this is true, it is a major setback for Chrysler and a bad news for the Viper brand.

Or is it just a pressure tactic on Chrysler ? :)

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nope - there are discussions only...a lot of the involved people, unions etc are not happy that there is talk about FIAT buying OPEL.

OP
OP
S

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like Fiat is really buying up GM assets in Europe. They are on Open and on Saab too.

Why don't they just buy the Viper brand and let Chrysler sink ?! :)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fiat also owns Ferrari.

Their Deal with Chrysler was "acess to their technology for 20% ownership". Don't see any money in that deal. Chrysler is going to build Fiats at one of our plants in the US.

Seems like anyone other than Nardeli could run Chrysler since he paid himself a huge bonus for bankrupting the company. I'd do that for a much smaller Bonus, say just a couple million?

Obama said Fiat could run Chrysler. Viper was for sale for money. Fiat would have to buy assetts or take some debt to get Viper the way the deal has been presented so far. Can't see it happening.

I think Mercedes should buy the Viper brand, especially since the Viper spanks the SL AMG so badly. Mercedes could offer a Viper AMG ACR for $250,000 and use 50% Carbon Fiber to get the weight down to 3000# and reselect 5 and 6th gears for a faster N. Ring time. I prefer it to stay Dodge, but if someone has to take over I could see Mercedes kickin' ass with a Dodge Viper supercar. Some of their money went into Viper development after all.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Mercedes were to buy, they would detune the Viper to 500 HP so it would not be faster than a Mercedes.;)

Can anyone say ME 4 12?;)

Robert

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It would really be only GM that would buy the Viper to slow/close it down. Then GM's ZR1 would be the fastest.

Mercedes isn't second fastest so buying the fastest supercar would mean that Mercedes WAS the fastest. Slowing it down would make it just another kind of vette. Fastest is best.

Ted