First drive

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't wait any longer, it's been 3 solid months since I've had the GTS out. Took it for a spin about an hour ago, I am still 'high' from the drive! :shocked:
Just thought I'd share. Anyone else have thiers out for the first time this year today/this week?
PS the roads haven't been swept yet and there is a fair bit of crap on them, and it did start to drizzle as I pulled into the garage. Only put about 10miles on, lots of gawkers! :2tu:

Nate04SRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah had mine out this past week and it definitely got A LOT of attention. This weekend is supposed to be warm and sunny here in VA so I am sure to be cruising around.

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the old girl out this morning and what a blast, now I remember why I love this car.

SilverViperSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After 4 months, yesterday the first ride WOOOOOOOW. It's still unbelievable. The traction was good and got lot of emotions being in my beast.

Honestly the car look better than I remember and feel wonderful. Some of you can use your car all year long but I tell you when you are deprived for few months and you take your first ride it's a better feeling than when you purchased it.

Because you know your car, the break-in period is finish and you can make WOT wright there. :D :D :D

Today it's making exactly a year that I purchased it brand new.

Wish you all a wonderful Viper season :2tu:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tuesday. Next Tuesday. After more than 5 months ...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must be rough, you guys, living up there in those cold winter months.

My RT/10 is sitting in the parking lot. Top off. Waiting for me when I get off work.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took it out a couple weeks ago for a bit.

And took it out today again! Damn, that thing is wicked! LOL

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It´s like getting a new snake every year again
:)

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could NOT wait until Tuesday! Woke up the snake(s) today.
High 60's here. Even some rain showers in the afternoon.
But who cares....after 5 months - a turn of the ignition key and the rumble!

OHHHHHHHHHH YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIEEEEEHHH!

What a feeling.

First "launch" in 4th gear - o.k. a little bit slow but with all the gravel around here (ding-ding-ding) not a bad idea.

The cars pulls like a TRAIN!

Life is good.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The wife and I took ours up to New Hope for the day, which is a popular cruise destination. Temp was mid to high 60s... warm enough for a top down-down road trip. Had agreat time and saw many nice cars (although no other Vipers). Got a lot of looks and compliments on the car, too.

Can't wait till next weekend!

OP
OP
A

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Second drive was not as fun. Pulled over for 89kph in a 60 zone, that's like 50ish in a 40. Warning only, the cop was pretty good about it; "I know you must want to open 'er up, but don't do here" asked a couple of questions about the car and ran my info through the computer and said have a nice day.
Well, I consider that very lucky, the ticket would have come with 3 points or so and about 150 bucks. From there I went straight out to the hiway for a good blast.
Had a feeling I'd be 'copped' just moments before, guess I should pay more attention to that!

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's so hard to drive these cars within the speed limits. I went trough a speed trap yesterday doing 85 mph in a 55 mph zone. Cop looked but didn't come after me. I think a Viper owner is way more likely to catch a break than some kid in a riced up Honda. Police appreciate a nice car as much as anyone else.

Reaction score
Want to enjoy your Viper without getting a speeding ticket! There is a way to maximize your Viper's driving pleasure with that Viper family experience.

Spent a long weekend with the BAMF and Viper Days at Buttonwillow. A great way to drive a Viper at your skill level with all cars going in the same direction(most of the time). And a big plus with the total track side service, tires, wheels, brake pads, fluid changes, upgrades for purchase and installed, safety equipment, etc. And performance driving instruction for all skill levels. After a couple days of driving a Viper at your limit there is little motivation or desire to drive faster then legal on the street.

There is no event that can match Viper Days and the services offered Viper owners.

Great fun, Great people and a place to satisfy that Need for Speed!

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This post really tells the story. Of a guy and his ride. Someone should write the book!
Let's see
Chapter 1: How not to get caught speeding
Chapter 2: Smoothest ways to get the chicks
Chapter 3: Feeding and caring for your snake
anyone care to continue?

Awesome emotional outpouring guys, and they say we don't have any feelings? We know what love is, IT'S A VIPER! Heh Heh Heh

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing like driving it after a long period of time. Every winter, I end up feeling the same way. Heck I feel that way after missing it for a few days. :)