First Post!!!!

CANTDRIVE55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a new proud owner of a 2001 GTS/ACR in solid blue. I raced a '65 vette fuelie coupe back in the "dark ages" and I must say that this ACR brings back "the feeling". I've got some Belanger headers, Random Tech metallics and Corsa exhaust sitting in my shop ready to go (plus a Hurst shifter and 180 T-stat) and I've put a deposit on a Roe SC just for fun!! It may rain tomorrow so I may have to give a "rain-check" for the photo.

Looking forward to meeting the N Texas Viper Club people. BTW, if you're vacationing in Cabo San Lucas, check out my 38 ft charter sportfishing boat "Adrenaline", brokered by "Cabo Magic Charters" (I borrowed Sammy Haggar's song title for my user name).

I think solid blue is deceptively fast!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sammy Hagar would be proud! (I can't drive, 55!) Enjoy!

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sammy Hagar would be proud! (I can't drive, 55!) Enjoy!

Not so fast Vic. Sammy the <font color="red"> RED ROCKER </font> would not have bought a blue car! :D He also sings about a 6.6L in Trans Am Highway Wonderland!! We'll give him a break. There was no 8.0L V10 when that song came out. Maybe our "New Sammy" should sing VCA instead of VOA?

Congrats on the car and welcome. :2tu:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got some Belanger headers, Random Tech metallics and Corsa exhaust sitting in my shop ready to go (plus a Hurst shifter and 180 T-stat) and I've put a deposit on a Roe SC just for fun!!

Hurst shifter in a Viper :confused: :confused: :confused: ?

Anyways, welcome to the club and be sure to post some pics and if possible a video of your Snake :2tu: I've still got to work quite some time until I can buy my own Viper, but I already arranged quite a few Viper rides and I must say that I can hardly wait until it's my time :D

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lawrence, Congrats &amp; Welcome! :2tu:

Hurst now makes a shifter for the Vipers and it's available through MOPAR Performance. My 2cents, it better then the B&amp;M!

Hurst Shifter #P4510168 MSRP $249.00

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lawrence, Congrats &amp; Welcome! :2tu:

Hurst now makes a shifter for the Vipers and it's available through MOPAR Performance. My 2cents, it better then the B&amp;M!

Hurst Shifter #P4510168 MSRP $249.00

Hmm do you perhaps have a picture of one already installed or just of one outside the packaging box :p ?
As far as I recall, a hurst shifter has a T shape and this looks a bit awkward imagining it inside a Viper (correct me if I'm wrong :eek: ).

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "T" handle design was all started by Hurst back in the late '60's, but the Hurst shifter always came with a large ball shifter as standard. I've been out of the loop with their product for 30 years, in fact I didn't know they were even still in business. Used to live right down the highway from their factory on Street Road in Warrington, PA. For what it's worth, the Hurst shifter used to be the premier shifter in the market place...solid shifts, linkage was perfect. Might be tempted to look at one for my GTS if the reports are good.

OP
OP
C

CANTDRIVE55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy, as well...

I live in the "suburbs" of Lone Oak, Texas (population 545), south of Greenville and East of Dallas. Some nice country roads to play with.