first time viper buyer what to get?

markbrown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok i am leaning towards a new acr but i am ashamed to have a daily driver with a airplane wing on the back.

i was thinking of a light blue, metallic red, white, black, possibly green - all possibly with silver or white stripes. i like the single driver strip on the acr rather than the whole hood stripe.

i want an acr but i am conservative and so given the paradox that a vert viper doesn't cost 10 grand more like in the case of a vette. i think the viper vert is a really good looking car. wish they had a acr package for the vert.

in a vert i would like again same colors as the acr colors specified above. of course i am looking for other ideas and advice. i think that old saphire color was one of the best i have ever seen. but i like alot of colors. the new vipers have that ugly door hinge showing from the side and so darker colors which hide that apeal to me. i love the solid black acr with the single red driver stripe. but i have two black cars now and one red one. i remember why it has been 30 years since i owned my last black car.

mark brown

ps is it possible to get a custom color from the factory?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yah, you sould confused. You said you'd be ashamed of the ACR? Don't buy it.

The 'vert/roadster was the original Viper creation. Racing required it to get a hardtop with better aerodaynamics, hence the coupe and the GTS.

The ACR comes with Sport Cup tires while the Viper comes with PS2s. PS2s work great in the rain, Sport Cups???

All of the colors are custom colors (See a Dealer). Dodge is sold out of ACRs until Jan 09.

Ted

V

Venomiss

Go look in the SRT-10 section for threads with more 2009 colors.
wbacr.jpg

wacr2.jpg

wacr.jpg

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should never be ashamed of what you drive, especially if it costs a Hundred Grand. You like the Vert, but you hate the wing on the ACR, BUT you wish it was available with the ACR package? You like most colors but they don't appeal to you because you can see the ugly hinges. Therefore black looks like the color but..............you already own two black cars currently and they are a pain. Wow, you are confused!!!!!!!!

Ok it sounds like cash is a non issue for you so.......here's what I would do.

Order a car from a guy like Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse Dodge. Get a vert built or buy one off the floor, and have it sent to Prefix. They do the stripes on the Factory cars, they can do any custom paint job for you and tailor your vert like an ACR even though it's not offered directly by Dodge. Good Luck

OP
OP
M

markbrown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should never be ashamed of what you drive, especially if it costs a Hundred Grand. You like the Vert, but you hate the wing on the ACR, BUT you wish it was available with the ACR package? You like most colors but they don't appeal to you because you can see the ugly hinges. Therefore black looks like the color but..............you already own two black cars currently and they are a pain. Wow, you are confused!!!!!!!!

Ok it sounds like cash is a non issue for you so.......here's what I would do.

Order a car from a guy like Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse Dodge. Get a vert built or buy one off the floor, and have it sent to Prefix. They do the stripes on the Factory cars, they can do any custom paint job for you and tailor your vert like an ACR even though it's not offered directly by Dodge. Good Luck

believe it or not - i think you gave me some good advice. i could get a vert maybe get some carbon fiber brakes, i like the 2005 commemorative type 5 spoke or the new spiders. i want a really light wheel.

on the color your right i will have to have something that covers the door hinges well but as light a color as possible. your also right i just can't get over that big honking wing though i love everything else about the acr. i would have to get an adjustable suspension installed also. i wouldn't have to sweat the stripes now i just have to get the car color and i'm on my way. but who is prefix do they have a web site?

thanks for the wake up call. and not being to ******* a newbie vip buyer.

mb

V

Venomiss

believe it or not - i think you gave me some good advice. i could get a vert maybe get some carbon fiber brakes, i like the 2005 commemorative type 5 spoke or the new spiders. i want a really light wheel.

on the color your right i will have to have something that covers the door hinges well but as light a color as possible. your also right i just can't get over that big honking wing though i love everything else about the acr. i would have to get an adjustable suspension installed also. i wouldn't have to sweat the stripes now i just have to get the car color and i'm on my way. but who is prefix do they have a web site?

thanks for the wake up call. and not being to ******* a newbie vip buyer.

mb
Prefix Corporation - Your Premier Source For One-Off Models And Prototypes