First Trip To Tators - First Ticket

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Well today was a day of firsts. After many conversations and just as many suggestions I brought my car from LI today to Tators for the once over and some warranty work. (not to mention a few detailed exhaust discussions). Chuck was great to meet and and a certifable Viper Nut ! I love it.

Chuck's place is at exit 6 off 684N and the misses is behind me and hits me on the cell saying she has to go the bathroom and cant wait. O well, i exit to the right exit 4 and as I come up the off ramp a lovely state tropper in a ugly brown camaro goes by takes a look swings U turn and waits for me to go through the light. Pulls me over and begins to make my day by telling me what a bad person I am since I dont have front license plate. He sees my wife in pain yet continues to bust *&^%*&^%. I tell him check the reocord no tix in 10 yrs but still writes me up with a smirk. Ill the pay the fiffty and be glad I dont have to bust folks butts to make an end of month quota . PS I will bring the front one in the car for Tator's BBQ comming in MAY. You all have been advised. I will not put that ugly thing thing on my front. Venting !

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
From 2001 Saphire Blue:

Got pulled over...front license plate thing!

Memorize this to possibly avoid the front license plate speeding ticket.

"I explain that Dodge doesn't make a license plate frame for the front cause it interferes with the air flow to the oil cooler. I told him I did have a suction cup frame, but it fell off and I lost it. I told him to check with the computer and he'll see that I reported it a year ago. He goes back and checks...comes back and says that my story is true and that I should get a new plate when my plates come due again cause technically I could still get a ticket. And get this...he appologizes for the inconvenience!!! Moral to the story..if you "lose" your plate...report it to the police. Nuf said!!

Iowa unfortunately makes you apply for a new plate if yours is lost.

A MUST KNOW for all us "menace to society, law breaking individuals"!

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Go through Ct on the Meritt parkway. Nicer ride and the cops really could care less about a front plate on a Viper

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does that only apply if you're in NY with NY tags??

can i get a no plate ticket in NY with out of state plates??

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JWViper...sorry to hear of the ticket... Tell those coppers to go do some REAL Criminal work somewhere...Hope to see you at Tators this year...I too will be going to Tators for some warr. work and Mods...but not till after the BBQ...

Dave :usa:

yellow94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey JW,
I have over 3,500 miles on my 94 in CT (no front plate), and have been both in front of, and behind of, local and state police without notice. I also have a loud yellow Viper: it's like they never noticed (or never had anything to compare it to). I heard that if you carry the front plate under your front seat and claim innocence abount Chrysler never offering the front plate bracket, you're going to be OK!!! I dove a '91 5.0 Mustang for 10 years with a CPB5.0 tag where the '.' in the 5.0 was illegal. My son and I put the '.' between the 5 and 0 with a vinyl '.'. I have been in front of local and state police for years without a problem. In addition, I had very loud 2 chamber FlowMaster exhaust on the 'Stang which never caught the attention of the local police. But since I knew the area and was driving within reason, I was never hasseled. Keep your front plate in the car and claim innocence!!! Hope to see you at Tator's in May!!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does that only apply if you're in NY with NY tags??

can i get a no plate ticket in NY with out of state plates??
No get the car registered in Ct or Jersey and you can just laugh in thier faces as you drive by ;)

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks Moundir, i'm off the hook then...

i'm running CT tags in NJ & NY. no ugly plate for me :) :) :)

hey JW, lets get a new policy going for you - those purty black stripes will be ruined with a white plate

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that I like, any one want to adopt a poor mistreated NY viper owner in CT ?

Perhaps you would like to "relocate" to NC? ;) Only rear tags required here!

OP
OP
JWVIPER

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
I would love to go down to NC. I *&^&*( up a few years back when my job offered me fairly good Rgional job down south out of NC. Just had new house built here at the time. O well just booked week down in Outerbanks....Love it there.

OP
OP
JWVIPER

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Now way Tim Ill pay fifty everytime before I ugly up the front, Hey maybe we could start a vca no front lic plate fund......

NOT >>> :usa: ;)

Vanquish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way will I ever put a front plate on any of my cars, period.

I have no plate on the ZR1 or the Viper. I have a chrome Mercedes emblem license plate on the front of the CL. I have to admit I have never been pulled over for in either ZR1 or the Viper for a front plate but in the CL yes. I just tell them that I have it in the car, show them and thats it.

It a big joke!!!

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that *****...see n u guys make fun of me for having a front plate. i bought the plate holder from jonb for $50 and its great. put it on when u want ans easy to take off .sorry to hear jim.

OP
OP
JWVIPER

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
DM thanks, I am going to buy that from Jon then break it and carry it with plate on in trunk for next time, " just broke off leaving gas station officer "
R U goin to tobay this wkend ?

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DM thanks, I am going to buy that from Jon then break it and carry it with plate on in trunk for next time, " just broke off leaving gas station officer "
R U goin to tobay this wkend ?

yes im going to lees dodge then tobay at around 12 with the other guys from lees if they wanna go. c u there..DK

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950