First Vec 3 Log... Is the Internal Map Sensor Correct accurate?

eabrillon1978

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just did my first log last night. I do not have a boost gauge or a wideband in the car as of yet. Running a Roe and just got the car running and been driving it pretty easy for the last couple weekends. Decided to do a log with the car to see how the tuning works. I'm running a 8lbs pulley with the david weaver pulley and from what the vec internal map says, I'm only pushing 6.18lbs at the highest. Does this sound right??? The car pulls hard and smooth. I know it isn't much help without any A/F ratio's and I don't have a boost gauge to verify. Just wanted to know if this is normal. From what I've read, the larger crank pulley causes an increase in boost, so I was guessing I should have around 10-11psi.

How accurate is the horsepower calculator. I have not yet been to a dyno but it says i'm at 744 horsepower. I don't think this is correct. Although the car does feel like my chest is going to cave-in when floored it, so just curious of the accuracy.

Another factor that is that I'm at Albuqerque, NM and our elevation is around 5,000 feet, not sure if that has anything with the boost level.

Attached is my log. This was done in 2nd gear.

You must be registered for see images attach

Could someone take a look at it and tell me if they see anything wrong?

Here's my list of mods:

Bored .022 over
Roe Supercharger w/ 8 psi pulley
David Weaver Pulley
Greg Good heads and Roe intake Ported (Wonderful Job!!)
79cc chambers
2.02 / 1.60 Redline Valves
Isky Springs
T&D Roller Rockers
3/8" 7.550" Jesel Push Rods
70mm Accufab Throttle Bodies
Custom Intake Setup from Macedo Motorsports
Greg Good Custom Solid Roller Cam
Custom JE pistons with 8.9:1. (13 cc dish with pistons .005 above deck)
Roe Methanol Injection Kit
53lbs Low impendance Injectors
B&B Headers
B&B Cat Back System
Fidanza Fly Wheel
Roe Dual Walbro 255 pumps

Thank you,
Eugene Brillon

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely need a WBO gauge. stock rear gears?
4th gear best for logs IMO. 3rd if you have to.
I don't think anyone has had any success with the HP accuracy. Use that figure as a "guide" for making changes. i.e. increases/decreases in HP.
But I think that car ought to be putting down 650-675 rwhp?

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got some great tuning tutorials from Damn Yankee. I'll check with him about sending them. I don't think there'll be any problems.

OP
OP
E

eabrillon1978

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Definitely need a WBO gauge. stock rear gears?
4th gear best for logs IMO. 3rd if you have to.
I don't think anyone has had any success with the HP accuracy. Use that figure as a "guide" for making changes. i.e. increases/decreases in HP.
But I think that car ought to be putting down 650-675 rwhp?

Yes Stock Gears. I purchased one the other day, just waiting for it to come in.

I've got some great tuning tutorials from Damn Yankee. I'll check with him about sending them. I don't think there'll be any problems.

That would be great!! My email address is [email protected]

Appreciate the help.

OP
OP
E

eabrillon1978

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can send up to 25mb in yahoo. You may have to send 2 emails because sometimes it converts the file and makes it larger then it when you attach it. Should work no problem.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the OK from DY. It's on the way. Let me know if it makes sense. One is on "fuel mapping", the other on "log set up"
-Chip

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust these guys. They can definitely help. I don't want to leave anybody out, but kng snake, steve 00rt10, ellow viper, are quite educated with the vec. I'm still learning mine too (after 4 yrs :D) and plan on doing some logs this spring to see if I can make some tweaks.