Flat spot on front tire! What to do?

Falconeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi..

I had to do some emergency braking to avoid a deer on the road the other day. Unfortunately this aggressive braking created a flat spot on the front right tire due to locking up. Now the car shakes and bumps around.. Do I have to buy new front tires or can it be fixed somehow? I use Pilot Sports so I would like to save the tire if possible!

If just it was a rear tire I could fix it doing burnouts! :headbang:

Thanks for any input!
Erik

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on how bad it is, you could at least try rebalancing it. It won't cure the uneven surface, but might reduce the vibration a fair amount.

You've done what I've done a number of times autocrossing. Might want to consider the vaccine - more effective rear brakes. 40mm sized rear calipers are a direct swap for OEM calipers.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi..

I had to do some emergency braking to avoid a deer on the road the other day. Unfortunately this aggressive braking created a flat spot on the front right tire due to locking up. Now the car shakes and bumps around.. Do I have to buy new front tires or can it be fixed somehow? I use Pilot Sports so I would like to save the tire if possible!

If just it was a rear tire I could fix it doing burnouts! :headbang:

Thanks for any input!
Erik

Hey man get that tire fixed! You have a big trip coming up! I don't think the rear tires would fit too well on the front. Better start sourcing a new one.
How many of you are coming to Manitoba in August? Need to know how much food for Saturdays BBQ!

OP
OP
F

Falconeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
add some lyrics and you got yourself a rap song.

Flat spot on front tire! What to do? Throw them out or buy another two..

Hmm.. That didn't help me!

Joke aside.. Thanks for the input guys. I think I have to buy another pair of front tires since there is no thread left at the flat spot :(

Anyone interested in two used front tires? :laugh:

Erik