Flywheel question

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
While on the topic, what's the best replacement flywheel to get. My car will be mostly street with an occaisional drag strip use. It has a 200hp wet shot of nitrous.

Aftermarket light flywheel, or OEM replacement???

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Service manual indicates not to turn/true the flywheel...and to replace. I've had many flywheels turned over the years on other lesser cars. Not sure what to make of the service manual procedure. I plan on an aluminum one when I get around to it...

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my car, I was given all the receipts the previous owner had. In them was a receipt from a Viper place in NC (where I bought the car) called 2FastVipers. I believe they are closed now, but one of the receipts was for turning the flywheel, and I've had no problems out of mine. I'm not sure when the flywheel was turned, but I've put 10k miles on the car since I bought it.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With most hydraulic clutchs there is very limited travel/range, therefore, making any surface removal an iffy choice. You should have no problem finding a good condition take-off, that is probably a better route. As far as what works on the street with pilots could be far different with a set of ET's at the strip.

OP
OP
M

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks for the information.
I bought a Fidanza from Roe. If it ***** at the track I'll get another stock one.

a-mechanic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding of the O.E. flywheel is that it is slightly dished, this may or may not be accurate. My instructor at viper class told us this.