Fog Light HID Install

Edoggrc51

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, i did a search but couldnt come up with anything. For you guys that have done this mod, how easy (or hard) was it??? I already did my headlight and loved it! Just trying to get a feel of what im getting myself into. Thanks!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here's mine. I put 9005's in mine and changed out the housing of the stock fog lights.

440DSC01927-med.JPG

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:2tu: That's look nice. Where did you get it? For How much?

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, now back to his question...

How easy or difficult was it to do? What is required to make the change?

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same question about fog installation. What did you attach the ballast to?? Anyone have trouble with your light shaking on low beams when you hit a bump??

Thanks
Andy

OP
OP
E

Edoggrc51

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same question about fog installation. What did you attach the ballast to?? Anyone have trouble with your light shaking on low beams when you hit a bump??

Thanks
Andy

I have the same problem as well. Anyone have a fix???

PURE XTC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is this problem with the fog lights or the headlights. I am ordering HIDs for my headlights from R&J as we speak but if there is a problem......

OP
OP
E

Edoggrc51

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this problem with the fog lights or the headlights. I am ordering HIDs for my headlights from R&J as we speak but if there is a problem......

Headlights. Sometimes when ya hit a bump, the light seems like it "shakes" for just a bit. Not sure why it does that? I've taken things apart a few times and everything is nice and tight. Anyone know how to fix this???

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lights are probably shaking due to the fact that the front of the car is fiberglass and does give. there is a metal bracket that goes from frame rail diagonal under headlight to edge of bumper cover. perhaps it is loose. that metal bracket is really the only metal in the front of the car that could keep this area ridged.
Dont know about foglights other than a GEN3 conversion on a GEN2.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not looked yet, but I think it is that the ballast is zip-tied to the inner housing. The added weight, I think is what is doing it. I am going to try to support the under side of the ballast thereby supporting the bulb.

It is only a slight shake on a harsh bump, so this is definately not a deal breaker.

Its amazing that we do not talk more about the problems that we think only we only have??
??too many we'ssss, few to many beers!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456