For all those that said the new Viper looks like a Camaro.....

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
... we are all waaay to kissy to Dodge about this design. They did us right with the motor and driveline, but they screwed us on the look... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've NEVER been "kissy" about the design. Change the "k" for a "p" and you might have my thougts pegged.

Speaking of the "new motor" - I have no doubts that it exists, but has ANYONE outside DC actually <u>seen</u> it?

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like others, the new design is growing on me but that crappy slash of a gill has to go. A more rounded profile would do a lot to tie it into the current design and the cars heritage.

Chuck RT/10 - a loud and flourescent green color was Mopar muscle long before it was ricer. Remember Sublime in 1970 or Sassy Grass Green in 1971?? My personal favorite was Curious Yellow, now that color would wake up a Snake!

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,

I wholeheartedly agree with your opinion and sentiments concerning the "old" design of the Viper and the upcoming new one. It is a proven fact that homosapiens have always been resistant to change and assuming that a giant asteroid does not collide with this ball we call earth....we will constantly be looking at changes within the auto industry that are going to make our jaws drop and invite our inquiring minds to ask why? Incredibly, change is hard to accept but once done...pride in accomplishment usually follows. Let's give the DC boys a chance to show us what they can do and welcome the exciting experience of "change". Just remember the original Viper design and hold it close to your heart...it will keep you warm on a cold winters nite,however,"change" is what will quicken your emotions and excite your senses.

Just my philosophical two-cents,
A 2001 GTS owner,
C Stegall

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My God Joe,

That green color just makes the idiotic slash on the side look WORSE!

Another comment on the wheels - they still have 6 lugs. That is both positive and negative. On the positive side, nobody will steal them to put on their car. On the negative side - it will severely limit aftermarket wheel choices with an attendant increase in price.

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
OK, how's about this?

You must be registered for see images

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neat, but changing the color does NOTHING to correct a fundamental styling mistake. Sometimes, wind tunnel-derived shapes don't equate to eye-pleasing styling. The answer to aero inefficiency? Simple: More horsepower!

Biff Brown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The trick/answer to the 2003 delimma is to keep BOTH!!... I'm planning on keeping my '94 with 50k miles and "hopefully" adding the 2003... I don't care what it looks like, it's the NEW VIPER and I GOTTA HAVE IT!!!!... DC if you're listening PLEASE, PLEASE get ME/US/VIPERMANIA one of those "purchase vouchers" and I PROMISE we'll take advantage of it somehow???.... anybody looking for some Hardtops or Windows???.... I've got 6 hours out of my 24 that aren't spoken for, anybody got a P/T job???

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that if they were going to change the body lines so much, they should have made it as much like the concept car as possible. Although that car does not look much like ours, it is really awesome looking and totally its own. I was very disappointed with the look of the GEN 3 after seeing the concept GTS-R. I know we said we wanted a convertible (heck- I wanted one), but I don't think any of us would have traded a convertible for a new GTS that had the aggressive stance of the concept car. I guess we should have caveated that we wanted a car that looked aggressive as hell, then convertible, V-10...

Also, the lack of hard top/roll bar for racing is just nuts. Don't give me that crap about aftermarket. I had plenty of that with my '94 and won't go through it again.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont really care what year it is or hp it has as long as its a viper its fine with me.

On othen hand I think the new GTS should be the new GTS/R without the rear hennessy looking spoiler,get rid of that black peice bellow the front grill,delete the hood louver on the roof and get ride of the side pipes BUT change the engine to 550-600 hp.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In case anyone forgot, here are 19 original, pictures of Gen III.
http://us.media.daimlerchrysler.com/index_e.htm

My observation is that there is straight surface that runs from the front of the car to the rear, on the top, outboard part of the fender/door/quarterpanel. You can see this surface clearly from the reflected glare on photo -02R2.

This surface is trimmed to provide the hip seen in side views.

The Coke Bottle is gone. The straight line theme is highlighted by the from the rear closeup of the front wheel/fender/gill in photo -04R3.

I don't like straight however, straight will give more top speed.

At least the car does not have the hideous wedge concept.

I have seen the GTS-R at The 12 Hours of Sebring. And IT ROCKS!!! The rear diffuser is brutal along with the wheels which are either 19 or 20" with "Experimental" moulded into the tires. I have been told that this is the very same body of the Gen III except that it is a coupe. I do not believe this.

So that is my 2 cents.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venom Lover, try a different browser. The pictures do not seem to work with Netscape.

GTS Dean, I don't thing it is actually a completely new motor, that would just be way to much money to invest. It would make much more sense if they simply bored and stroked the existing 8 liter.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The looks very cool point blank.Those of you who don't like 03',should love honor and respect dodge for the design changes.The GEN I,II should become more valuable,plus.The flipside was for dodge to copy the corvette design stratagy from 92-present,making the past years worthless grocery getters.
redface.gif

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cody,

I have what I believe to be reliable information that there are additional oil drainback holes in the heads to reduce one of the major track shortcomings of the Gen2 - oil pooling in the valve covers and puking out the airbox.