For Sale: Gen III seats with Gen II mounting kit

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of Gen III seats in excellent condition that include the mounting kit from Northwind Engineering. They are installed and therefore a direct bolt-in for any Gen II. These are a great mod for less than half what I paid and the hardest part of the install is done. Details and more pics in the classifieds:

Gen III seats with Northwind Gen II adapters, bolt-on! - ViperClub Classifieds

Don't make me turn these into a Forza game platform. I would hate that :D

524.JPG

OP
OP
C

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drivers seat has more headroom, not adjustable. It is a little tighter getting in and out as the side and shoulder bolsters are bigger. You may or may not notice this. I have a bad back, which is why I went this route, and I noticed a little more effort "climbing" out of the seat. But that's a maneuver that always hurt me. The passenger seat is about same as stock height, is adjustable front and back. Both have the adjustable seat tilt as per stock.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cop,

is the drivers seat set down at all to help with legroom. i cant afford to lose any.

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate you, I don't need to spend more money! You have a PM sir.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say these seats are in excellent condition, I used them myself for a few hundred miles!

Great deal for someone.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you get them lower? I cut off the seat brackets but left the track for fitment and I had no room. The seats are 3" taller about about 3/4" - 1" wider than the Gen 2 seats.

I hated the lack of room and I'm only 5'9". I really wanted the Gen 3 seats but there was no way I was going to suffer getting in and out with these seats. Are you saying I could have gotten them to work if I had the lowering brackets???

OP
OP
C

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The seat lowering kit was custom built for me by Mike Trost at Northwind Engineering. He really knows what he is doing and is a great guy. I don't know if they ever produced the kit commercially as it is not a big number type of production. But you can call him and ask for details. I am sure he will be happy to help.

The drivers seat has some leeway in how far back you mount it, but most people with the nonadjustable seats want it as far back as it will go and they use the steering wheel tilt and adjustable pedals to fine tune.

OP
OP
C

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like they don't recline all the way to the rear bulkhead due to the side bolsters or is that an illusion?

I think the seat back was not all the way back for the photo's. I kept the seat like one notch forward for more back support.

Still working on shipping quotes as they are not heavy but would be in larger boxes.