Ford better at it then Dodge?

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So earlier this summer we had our Mopar show.Maybe about 130 cars of all different Mopar makes showed up.Six Viper i believe and a wack of other cars.Not bad for a one day show.This long weekend a local ford dealership held there show.It was at one of the local hotels.The cars started arriving as early as wed from what i could tell the three other prairies and a few from the states .They ended up having 503 cars show up for the show.Now that beeing said out of the 500 plus cars about 450 where mustangs:rolaugh: but that is not the point.What the hell are we doing wrong that the Ford strong can out show the Dodge strong?:dunno:Gonna have to get on this and make sure that next time we get it correct.

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shane, The difference is that Mopars in Alberta have 4 shows Red Deer, Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge. Add the cars up and have one show a year like we use to and you have 500 plus Mopars in one spot. People don't bother going to a show 150 miles away if you can go to one in your own town a week later. With the economy the way it is people don't want the extra expense of hotels and gas. Also this was a National Mustang show they held this Weekend.Cars from across Canada, Try going to a Mopar Meet like in New Hamburg Ontario and you will see 2500 Mopars in one spot. Cars from across Canada and the USA gather at this event.:D:D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You did say Mustangs?

There are more mustangs on this planet than vettes. How many Ford GTs did you say there were? Vipers compare to Cobras and FGTs, not Mustangs and base vettes.

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one very nice GT at the show.I know but the Calgary Mopar and our Red Deer club make the shows the same weekend just one saturday and one sunday so we can make it to both.LOL

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was actualy an international Mustang meet, held each year. On even years it's in W.Canada, on odd in the N.W. US. They've also been at it well over 20 years. Having been to a couple (stricktly as an observer), it's virtualy the same crowd each and every year.

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LoL I knew there was a meeting somewhere . I was out working this weekend and seen about 30 Mustangs headed your way .

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was a great turn out maybe a few to many older no style mustangs but alot of the newer ones and a few other amazing looking cars.Course we had to park the Vipers out away from the event.LOL that maybe the best choice didn't want them ford guys gettin all rowdy on the cars.lol

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yah, Race the Base had a Saleen and a Shelby GT500 needing tows. The 5 Ford GTs worked great though. No other issues for the 80 other vehicles.

Ted

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know this as fact, but I think sales of the mustang saved Ford from the troubles the other card makers had. So why are so many Mustangs sold? My guess it would be the same reasoning we use when people are tempted to buy a Ferarri over a Viper. They get pretty close to a high performance car at a fraction of the price. It's the high performance car people can afford. Before people jump on my assumptions remember, perception is more important than reality.

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mustangs and the vette seem to be the same .Not in car performance and all that jazz.What i mean is for a fair price you can get a good vehicle to a point and not have to break the bank.I am sure if Dodge had dropped the price of the Viper down around the price of these two we would have a heck of alot of Vipers out in the world.Evry time you turned a corner you would see one or two.As for the end of a great vehicle that ***** but as for the "rareness" of our great car it rocks my world.I love the fact that we have only a few cars in the area and it still get my heart going to come across another Viper at an intersection.Just hurt a little to see the Ford group do so well.Guess i need to start a western Dodge event and see if we can get the same turn out as Ford all thru the western areas.lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude