Ford GT

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, the 03 cobra with the same autorotor style blower makes about 500 rwhp at 10lbs of boost with no exaust mods.(yes, the gt ford is coming with what is basically the same blower as roe uses) so go from 4.6 to a 5.4 with full exaust and bump the boost and see what happens.my bet is that they dyno 500 at the wheels stock and with boost and tuning you can get 700 rwhp very easily

the cobras are factory 390 with a eaton roots style blower that takes alot more power from the motor to turn.

Anders Dahlquist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper or Ford??
Here is my little opinion.
I ordered a new GTS last year. Meanwhile the front wheels on my 96GTS started to crack. In fact on one wheel 4spokes cracked. I contacted Chrysler USA who said it was a big concern for them. End of reply from the US. I contacetd Chrysler Europ(I live in Switzerland) who said it's not there problem the car being an import.
The fact that I could have get killed or kill somebody else disturbed nobody.
I thought cancelling the order for the GTS. I didn't because I like the car and all the friends I have made in the US and Switzerland with the VCA.
This year I approached Ford Switzerland to order a GT, the GT40 being the dream of my childhood.
I am very interested in the SRT and the new 300 series and thought they would be an alternative to the expensive GT. Besides I could afford to keep the GTS.
Two weeks ago, I brought my GTS to Chrysler here and got it back with a big scratch through the paint on the front bumper and some unnecessary miles on it. The director has not even answered my letter.
I just received confirmation from Ford Switzerland that I have the opportunity to buy one of the 80 alloted for Europe.
Bye bye SRT and 300.The contract for the GT is signed.
I hate to be [******] on twice.
I am not rich but I will try to keep the GTS because of what I said above but will n e v e r buy a Chrysler product again.
Thank you Chrysler for helping my decision.
You want to know the price in Europe? about 175'000$
Besides my GTS is equipped with the Sean Roe S/C. Great, completely trouble free now. I go to a track in France in september and will post in the performance section my experience. The track has a 2miles straight. Maybe 180mph?

Anders

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrysler is real good at running folks off. Someday, they'll get out of the stone age and realize that the ability to communicate during the internet age will eventually sink 'em if they don't wise up.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Viper or Ford??
Here is my little opinion.
I ordered a new GTS last year. Meanwhile the front wheels on my 96GTS started to crack. In fact on one wheel 4spokes cracked. I contacted Chrysler USA who said it was a big concern for them. End of reply from the US. I contacetd Chrysler Europ(I live in Switzerland) who said it's not there problem the car being an import.
The fact that I could have get killed or kill somebody else disturbed nobody.
I thought cancelling the order for the GTS. I didn't because I like the car and all the friends I have made in the US and Switzerland with the VCA.
This year I approached Ford Switzerland to order a GT, the GT40 being the dream of my childhood.
I am very interested in the SRT and the new 300 series and thought they would be an alternative to the expensive GT. Besides I could afford to keep the GTS.
Two weeks ago, I brought my GTS to Chrysler here and got it back with a big scratch through the paint on the front bumper and some unnecessary miles on it. The director has not even answered my letter.
I just received confirmation from Ford Switzerland that I have the opportunity to buy one of the 80 alloted for Europe.
Bye bye SRT and 300.The contract for the GT is signed.
I hate to be [******] on twice.
I am not rich but I will try to keep the GTS because of what I said above but will n e v e r buy a Chrysler product again.
Thank you Chrysler for helping my decision.
You want to know the price in Europe? about 175'000$
Besides my GTS is equipped with the Sean Roe S/C. Great, completely trouble free now. I go to a track in France in september and will post in the performance section my experience. The track has a 2miles straight. Maybe 180mph?

Anders

Anders, First of all, I think you qualify as rich unless you live in a shack and spend all your money on cars. :D Anyway, based on your terrible treatment by Chrysler ( now run by the "superior" germans who just paid the old American Chrysler share holders $300M for being liers about the "merger" ) you absolutely made the right decision even though I think it is a bit too pricey. It truely is unbelieveable that DC would treat a VIPER ( Chrysler's premier car ) customer that way over a life threating safety issue. Enjoy your GT and please post pics when you get it. What color are you getting?...stripes? BTW, I'm keeping my AMERICAN GTS too, however, I will never buy a DC product including Mercedes. :usa:

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most gear-heads I know think the GT40 will be an awesome car, but I have yet to talk to anyone willing to run out and drop $130k plus for this rig. In this economy, I think the market for this car, at that price, is less than 500 units a year.

Just my opinion; time will tell.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the first ones will bring the moon but after that low 100's is what I think will be what ford can get for them, but if you are a car guy how can you not love the looks of the car? You can breath on those motors and get 600hp, mustangs pick up 100hp under 1000 dollars and these are just big mustang engines. Since they are big mustang engines that is why I think they won't get much over a 100k after the first run and the novelty wears off.

Edward 96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spoke w/ the head of interior design for the GT at Laguna Seca 2week ago. Talked to him about a pulley change and he said it would be an easy change even w/ the pulley facing the rear window. They are experimenting and if reliable he said they will be produced w/ "significanly more" than 500hp.
It will have a removable/adjustable rear wicker(sp?)
Options-light wt wheels.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96