Formal Announcement: VOI 13.640HP

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VOI 13.640HP

The biggest, baddest Car on Earth deserves the biggest, baddest party on Earth, in the biggest baddest Country on Earth: Texas.

A celebration of Viper for all Viper Owners on September 25-28th.

(Please forgive the slow release of information, in working with Steve Sharples, SRT Brand Manager, who is our newest advisory Board Member, we are utilizing SRTs proven methodology on how to release important information in a very dramatic manner :))

Watch this space for updates, we will update this space daily, and all the clues will be complete by 3/9.

VCA

Decoder ring clue #1
You must be registered for see images attach

Decoder Ring Clue #2
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

LadyCruzer

VCA Officer
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Steve Sharples seems like a great guy! And just today we were told that Ralph and his team at SRT are the contacts
to manage SRT Viper Events, SRT Racing and coordination and support of the Viper Clubs when and where possible.
So now we have two additional contacts.... excellent ! Isn't it great that this event will be open to anyone who owns a Viper!!

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I believe the early VOIs were open to all Viper owners. With the state of our Viper nation right now, it seemed only prudent to open it to all Viper owners. This is about having fun with your brethren Viper owners ad with the cars.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Owners Invitationals have never been a club only event. It was always open to everone who owns a Viper and their guest.

Never super children friendly, and usually organized around getting the Viper Faithful together and experiencing their Vipers on fantastic racing venues where people that may never in their lives had a chance to experience a super high performance supercar in a track environment.

Not a racing event for those with vast racing experience, but the opportunity to take your own Viper (or one supplied by the manufacturer) out on a real race track, and to experience how the Vipers come into their own on the track.

They usually provide professional or club racing drivers as instructors, with experience on those specific tracks They can show the owners the fast line around the track. They are there to encourage you to speed up or slow down, depending on their evaluation of your skills. If you can impress them with some track cred they will usually let you go pretty quickly. If you are driving above your ability, they will encourage you to slow down enough for the safety of all concerned.

They sometimes offer more than one day on the track, where on the final day mostly only the truly rabid racers show up, to get even more track time.

It is all pretty well controlled, as they want everyone to be safe out there.

They often offer autocross events, and offer rewards and acknowledge of the fast guys at evening dinners. Knocking over cones gets a rise out of everybody, but costs seconds.

There have even been drag racing events. The intent is to allow people who bring their cars to run them down the 1/4 mile, and experience the potential of their cars in a controlled environment. While most just run their factory equipped cars, some will modify them especially for 1/4 mile (or 1,000 ft) drags. They will have high hp Vipers with full racing slicks. Makes everyone take notice.

They usually have VIP speakers, and some awards. It is not unsual for SRT to unveil their latest updates to the faithful at these events. I saw the unveiling of the first Viper Convertibles, the first Gen IV Coupe, and first Gen V's at these events. You never know in advance what they are going to come up with, but everybody attending hangs on every word, and every picture on the screen.

If possible they also try to bring out the other SRT lineup where attendees get to see, and possibly drive their latest offerings. Many have ended up buying a new SRT Jeep, 300, Charger or Challenger after returning home from a VOI.

At the last VOI in Salt Lake City, SRT brought out a bunch of freshly released Gen V's on a special driving course for full acceleration, full braking, and maximum cornering. Many came away super impressed, and orders were quickly placed.

Details about upcoming VOI's are usually released first on the pages of this forum. It usually comes out in dribbs and drabs as the details get finalized. First are the dates, so people can arrange to get off work and make travel plans. Regional clubs often arrange their own slithers with other clubs, and they can coordinate the trip together. Side trips are arranged, and while most driver their own cars, many take advantage of provided car haulers to bring their cars to the event, one or even both ways. I remember two SoCal guys that shipped their cars to Charlotte, then turned the VOI into a Atlantic Ocean…to Pacific Ocean drive home, a once in a lifetime bucket list experience.

It is usual for club members to get first dibs on accommodations, as often the best places sell out in advance. They are give previews, mailings, and discounts of the event, while non- members must wait until the official kick off. Not sure how it will be handled this year, and there have been significant changes in structure (to say the least).

Sometimes the events sell out, and they need to put people on a waiting list. Will depend a lot on how many people the hotel(s) and track can hold.

So bottom line. Everyone is welcome, and encouraged to join in the fun.

See everyone in Texas!

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Paul. Just to make it a bit clearer, the last VOI was outside of Charlotte, N.C. in 2012. SRT brought many Vipers and all of the other SRT products. SRT also had a two hour tech session that was very informative.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Bob. Been to so many, they sometimes blend in together. Do remember that very impressive 4 lane drag strip. SRT was letting attendees run all their different cars down the track. Still remember all the smiling faces as people got out of the SRT Jeeps. Those things launch like rockets.

Main take away is that it has always been in both the National and Regional clubs best interest to have as many events as possible open to all Viper Owners, unless the club is subsidizing the fees or entail business meetings. Can't tell you how many Vipers have been sold to people that have been invited to regional events and given the opportunity to see the Viper Spirit up close and personal.

Some of the best friendships have been made with joint meets, with members of adjoining regions getting together to share the good times. Next week the SoCal group is meeting up with the Vette club for a joint autocross event. For the past 3 years the Vipers have taken home the bragging rights, but the Vettes have some secret weapons coming out this year (their going to need them)

The best times are when people play together.

I do know the upcoming VCA sponsored SRT Viper Vs. Viper Fighter Jet event in Phoenix on March 15th & 16th is open to all in the Viper Community. The entire airshow is free to all, and the race is open to the public.

Last edited:

WeaponX81

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent review of what a VOI is like Paul! We'll be updating with further clue's and details to this year's VOI over the next few days!

VCA

flatblack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is all good with me! I'm not mad by any means... Just wanted more info about the status of membership needed because I have several friends that aren't a part of the VCA, and it would be awesome to have them there with me.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done guys in the hard work and time putting this all together. I noticed the calendar is disabled now but have the dates noted. The decoder is a nice start and just glad its in Texas!!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMSA COTA is Sept. 19-20, the week before. Might just have to make a LOOOONG stay of it all. And talk the SRT drivers to hang around for a few days after the race. I wish!! Nice slot car track BTW.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be at the race for sure last year was a blast with SRT, and then we can play at the track how cool is that.

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't put anything past you guys!

So now we know, we picked the venue and the timing specifically for SRT to have some cool toys there.

It's arguably the best track in America, if you haven't been there, it's simply indescribable. Since this is literally the most expensive track we have ever had a VOI at, we are changing some things: gone is the 4 hour dinner where we eat some dry chicken and give out awards, we'll have some simpler affairs and SRT/Chrysler/Mopar as well as our many sponsors can share some of their wares.

We don't think you'd mind giving up a boring dinner for this track, and this leadership team is not at all interested in getting any awards, so it's a win-win.

We also have the full-run of a first class, five star hotel/spa (I have experienced both the amazing hotel, and the spa, it's exemplary), it's probably the most luxurious hotel I've been at for a VOI, and they gave us a smokin deal...

As I mentioned in another post, we know the mayor of San Antonio well, so they are SUPER enthused about hosting this in their fine city, Ryan Fox (Pres S. TX) has been working on some great crusies, so expect some red carpet treatment.

Anyway, more to come, thanks for indulging the slow, dramatic release, Stay tuned for more details..

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WAY TO GO ... I've been wanting to get on COTA since the SRT event last year. AND, the roads west and north of San Antonio are BEAUTIFUL. Many Thanks out to the team that put this together!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds fantastic. Who ever was able to score COTA right after the Tudor/American LeMans races has captured the Spirit of VOI award.

I would love to come down to the races, and then stay for the VOI. Getting the chance to drive on this brand new race track, just after watching my SRT hero drivers put their Vipers through their paces would be a bucket list event.

Having a great track, a great hotel, and great exposure to the SRT racing team might make this one of the top VOI's ever. Taking out the very expensive awards dinner with free drinks will save a fortune that can be re-purposed into better driving experiences.

Time not spent at the expensive dinner can be better spent visiting Vendors and SRT presentations.

I understand that it is normally almost impossible for the average sports car owner to get access to that track. I want to thank those responsible for making this venue available to the entire Viper Community.

Waiting for this is going to be harder than waiting for Christmas.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As mentioned above that was a GREAT idea to delete the boring and added cost for dinner etc. and there are a lot of vey nice hotel/spas in the area. Cannot wait to see what you guys came up with. How soon before we get the actual costs, hotel info, and the form to register for the event? How to access the registration form too. Cannot remember how we did that for previous VOIs. Thanks

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPER GTSR 91:3243571 said:
As mentioned above that was a GREAT idea to delete the boring and added cost for dinner etc. and there are a lot of vey nice hotel/spas in the area. ..... Thanks

I thought the dinners were great. One stands out with the flying viper around the room.

Brings up another question, where is that flying Viper?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember that flying Viper. Pretty cool as it just floated all around the room.

Believe this year it will be replaced with real Vipers, flying around the track : >)

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
We are all very excited about the venue, both racing and social. Cathy Smiley and i met with Steve Sharples from SRT yesterday and they also seem excited about the venue as well. Rest assured there will be a lot to offer everyone from those that want the most incrediable track experience and for those that are more interested in hanging out with their Friends and Viper brethren on the best vacation you and your car will ever take.....

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy did I ever start a wild fire on that other Viper site which I am also a proud member of as well as this one. Its about Vipers regardless of the club IMO, but I started a thread indicating the upcoming VOI 13 in Texas with the SOLE purpose of getting more on board for this awesome event. Not only has it had more hits and replies than ANY other thread by far which says a lot, but it has turned into a political issue also which is sad. I am a firm believer though that when the event kicks off there will indeed be a big turn out. And especially having it at COTA has many owners fired up, with some on 10 cylinders and some on 5 still misfiring about the past. I believe it will be one of the biggest and best VOIs yet!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper