Forum as slow as a Corvette ????

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I CAN'T be the only one.
Refresh of the top red menu bar is what takes forever.

I've had the same problem since the website overhaul a couple months ago. It does the same thing on my work computer. But I was at a friends house and the red menu bar never disappeared when forum jumping while on his computer :confused:

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have no problem and it would be harder to find someone further away than me.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could always be FASTER ----
Who on the forum has the saying:
"Too much horse power is never enough"

Mine is fast - thanks, Comcast (ISP)

Later,

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is very slow as well. As indicated it is the menu bar that is quite slow. I wonder if that is a cookie making those that accept cookies faster. Just a thought.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is very slow as well. As indicated it is the menu bar that is quite slow. I wonder if that is a cookie making those that accept cookies faster. Just a thought.

The pages open pretty quick, but the top menu takes its own sweet time on mine. Both at work and at home.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its quick here, both at home and at work. You guys should clear all you cookies and internet temp files, and see if that corrects it. (Both are doable under "tools", "internet options", under the general tab (default), click delete cookies, and delete files. It might take a while if you havent dont it in a long time. Be patient.

Jon

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This place doesn't seem all that slow to me. I spend a lot of time over on the Bicycling magazine forums, where they recently changed software. That place is now slower than a Huffy bicycle. Even worse than my old dial-up days and 2400 bps.

Click here and you'll appreciate the VCA forums a lot more: Bicycling Magazine

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This place doesn't seem all that slow to me. I spend a lot of time over on the Bicycling magazine forums, where they recently changed software. That place is now slower than a Huffy bicycle. Even worse than my old dial-up days and 2400 bps.

Click here and you'll appreciate the VCA forums a lot more: Bicycling Magazine

The speed here is actually quite good... now. It was awful before the work done. But the top nav bar IS loading a lot slower than the rest of the site. I think it's a javascript issue.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its quick here, both at home and at work. You guys should clear all you cookies and internet temp files, and see if that corrects it. (Both are doable under "tools", "internet options", under the general tab (default), click delete cookies, and delete files. It might take a while if you havent dont it in a long time. Be patient.

Jon

That is excellent advice. Also use Adaware and Spybot to eliminate spyware. Those last two are critical, it's very common to have other people actually poaching on your computer and using your memory. I have three different locations, one on Comcast cable, one on a T1, and the last on DSL. I will say that DSL is the slowest of the three, we are switching to cable on that one. Also be aware that with cable and DSL you are sharing the pipe, if you are at the end of the line and your neighborhood is populated with teenage gamers who are all on at once it is going to slow you down some. A good test of that is to wait till schooll starts, see if it speeds up. But I can tell you that there have been no modifications or changes that would slow it down since the upgrade. I can also add that we are close to the NEXT version which along with a ton of added features should be another jump in speed.

Reaction score
Let me shed some light...I might very well be right. :)

The NAV bar is loading, STILL, from the OLD server address. That, and it is java (I think), and after a while I (personally) have noticed that some java stuff builds up like carbon and just needs a fressh start to blow it all out. I think it is more the former (outdated server address) than the latter. :)

YMMV of course. :)

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody else having this problem ? After the last forum work it seemed much better, but now it is loading up slooooow.

It is somethign that I've noticed as well, only the red menu bar.... Tony probably hit it on the head.

When slow, it will not be loaded when I move on to the next post. It does not seem to slow anything else down..... unless you want something off the menu bar :)

New navigation bar is on the to-do list, but we'll fix the current one first .... at least let you see it once in a while ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude