Frame Change for GTS

Prfgdwrnch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was considering purchase of a GTS that had frame damage between the wheels. I have experience removing bodies from and re-installing them for older Corvettes and many British cars. How difficult is it to change the frame on a GTS? Are there any areas where the body is bonded to the frame or is it an unbolt and remove type repair. Responders with experience, please.
Thank you.
Dave

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Between the front wheels ? You can buy the front frame clip new (front to firewall area). It just has to be welded to the mid/rear frame section. I would be sure to check all prices closely before I bought a car needing that kind of work.

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you decide to do this I would definately get a set of the Viper tech training manuals. It has the instructions on how to do the repairs and replacement.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Albert Box at Fat Albert's Motorsports in Phoenix a call. He is an epert at Viper frame work and can tell you in five minutes over the phone what you would be up against. Nice guy (like most of the Viper vendors). Oh and you might ask him to build you one of his 800 hp dry sump engines too!

http://www.fatalbertsmotorsports.com/

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Front frame is very thin, easy to splice. SPECS are +/- 3MM in non-suspension areas and +/- 1MM at suspension locations. Rear frame is thicker. These cars bend very easy in the front. If it just looks like some damage there is probably more hidden. Used front frame was around $2600. and installation about $1500.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The difference in price between older model cars in good condition and frame-damaged may not justify the cost. What year is the car and how much are you purchasing it for?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas